Sunday, September 24, 2006

Gone with the Weekend

So our weekend was quite nice. The boys wound up enjoying the movie and us girls had a fun time being dorky. As you can see, we made a red velvet cake (though not the tastiest type of cake, it seemed to be the only fitting cake flavor for a Scarlett O'Hara cake). I do believe it turned out quite nicely:

Making brown frosting was quite the challenge, but apparently anything is possible with enough blends of food coloring. I do believe my favorite part was the tea party. Everybody joined in. We had like 10 types of apple ciders and herbal teas and we all drank prissy-like out of our tea cups. It was way fun.

2 comments:

Becky said...

oh, how nice. That looks like fun. you will have to have a tea party when I come down. (in a month!)

kevandcan said...

Poor shadow people...