I realized Simon gets a lot more posts these days than Addie, and at first I thought that it’s because he’s a baby and changes so quickly that there’s more to say about him. Then I was looking back over my pics from last year and realized that these two pics were taken just over 8 months apart:
So really, she's changing tons and tons all of the time, it just isn't in the "new trick every day" kind of way that infants experience. Looking at pics though, I realize that my chubby little toddler has turned into SUCH a little girl! She is 39.5 inches tall and weighs 35 pounds. She is just growing and learning new things all of the time and is such a ham, she cracks us up!
She definitely isn’t the best talker on the block, but it isn’t for lack of trying. You can totally tell that there is a big ol’ bucket of words and sentences going on in that head, but they get all jumbled up and stuck when they get to her mouth. Her efforts are adorable though and in general, we can totally understand what she’s saying, though
non-parental type people might need us to interpret. She’s learning quickly and I know that one day it’ll just click and bam! We’ll have quite the jabbermonkey on our hands. Sam and I both had to go to speech therapy when we were young, so she didn’t really get a head start in the talking category from us (sorry addie!).
She absolutely loves her friends and talks about them all of the time and asks when we get to play with them again or when they’re going to come to “addie’s house”. The first thing she does when she wakes up is ask when we get to go to the car to see friends, play, or go to the store. It’s kind of annoying because every day isn’t always an “out all day” kind of a day and it’s hard to tell her no. I don’t really blame her for persisting though, hanging out with me and a napping baby all day can’t be too fun.
She still loves both cars and baby dolls equally and isn’t definitively a tomboy or a fancy girly girl. She really loves to pretend to fix things and is frequently seen with a stolen screwdriver in her hands.
Her VERY favorite character is Mickey Mouse. This girl wants to watch Mickey Mouse programming all day, every day, all night… whatever gives her more chances to watch Mickey Mouse and the gang is what makes her happy. Being her mother, I obviously do my best to keep it to a mousey minimum here and take the time to make sure she’s doing other things than watching TV or movies. We play games a lot, spend tons of time with books and blocks, and draw TONS. If I’m being honest though, I have been known to take advantage of her mouse-love on days when we’re sick or I have to get some serious cleaning done :) Other classic favs are Yo Gabba Gabba, poohbear, blue’s clues, and buzz and woody.
Here are a few pics of Addie and her antics: 



I don’t think this post could be complete without pics of her fabulous ringlets. Seriously, I just love these sweet little curls. I get asked probably five times a week if I curl her hair. My hair was limp and stick straight when I was a little girl, so her hair has been quite the welcomed surprise. Some days it can get a bit crazy and she looks more like Gene Wilder than Shirley Temple, but it’s nothing that a bit of water can’t easily fix.







8 comments:
Oh her ringlets just KILL me! My mom says that she only wants me to have a girl if she is going to have curly hair! :)
I LOVE the ringlets!! I have the same problem with TV. Sure it would be nice to let them watch all day, you could get so much done, but I don't want him addicted to TV so I try to find other things to entertain him. It is nice because then when I do let him watch movies and shows it is a treat. Sounds like a trip to Disneyland needs to be in your future so she can meet Mickey!
She has quite the personality, doesn't she?
She's growing up so fast! Her hair is gorgeous!
You seriously didn't curl her hair in that last picture?? Her hair is to DIE for! Man, if only my hair looked like that.
Don't get me started on Mickey Mouse. What IS it about him that kids love so much??? Don't get me wrong, I love old fashioned Mickey... but I want to throw the tv out the window when Mickey Mouse Clubhouse comes on. Oh well, if they love it whatcha gonna do...
I like her! I also really like that brown dress/outfit she is wearing. I wonder if they carry it in my size...
Oh, those curls. So jealous... And she doesn't have an older sister to cut them off and frame her for it;)
She is adorable, and so are her clothes!!!
Post a Comment