I got to see my dear friend from high school and we had so much fun catching up! Heather is and always will be part of my heart and I’m so glad that we get to see each other often and keep in close touch. It’s super fun to see our girls play together too!

We also got to spend time with my neighbors who lived next to my family all growing up. I love these people as if they were my own family. I’ve always been super close to the couple, so being their babysitter was more like hanging out with my siblings than being a guest there to care for their kids. They had their first child when I was 11 and their second when I was 13 and I was their main babysitter until I graduated high school. I cannot say how MIND-BLOWING it is that that sweet little baby boy I used to take care of is turning 18 next week and graduating from high school. Words cannot describe how old that makes me feel! I held him the day he was brought home from the hospital and spent endless hours taking care of him and his sister, and now he’s off to college and she’s on the varsity cheer squad for her high school!
That pic above is a kind of doofy one of Garrett. Here is one of his senior pics:
I seriously can’t believe he is so grown up. Am I really old enough for this to be true? He will forever be 4 years old to me. It does make me way happy to see that both of these kids have turned into such great people. I’m sure that it’s all due to my excellent babysitting skills, right?
Not only did I get to see my best friends, but Addie and Simon got to see their BFFs too: grandparents, pets, and cousins! I’m just so glad that we live close so our kids are able to know their grandparents and at least some of their cousins well.



3 comments:
okay, this has nothing to do with anything, but I adore your shirt in the first picture.
it is sooo weird to visit my mom's ward in CA and see all these little babies who are sending out wedding announcements! yikes!
What a great trip! You look so amazing, Lori! Whoo!
How fun to get to see the kids you used to babysit so grown up. And for them to get to meet your kids. That is really special.
And again, you look fantastic! Congratulations.
LOVE the pics of you and heather!!!
Post a Comment