I absolutely LOVE all of the fun activities that are available during the month of october. I am a huge Halloween fan and also just love the harvest season and the change of weather. For instance, this is what I am currently surrounded by as I drive around (pic taken from my phone):
I especially love how many trees we have around here that are multiple colors. Like, most of the tree is green, then 1/4 of it is bright orange with red tips. Seriously, it is just mind-bogglingly beautiful!
We used a groupon for a local farm pass and had a really great time. Sam took the morning off and we went on a monday. It had just finished raining when we got there so hardly anyone was there and we had practically the whole place to ourselves. They had such fun activities! Really cool 4 wheelers and trucks that were power-wheels so the kids could ride around on them all by themselves (Addie LOVED that), and they also had this awesome cart up on a ramp that the kids could go down like a rollercoaster and it spit them out onto a strip that they just sailed down for 50 yards. Addie, being her fearless self, went down it probably 15 times. There are baby animals and a hay loft and a rope swing over the hay, it was just so fun! Then we also got a train ride and a pony ride, what more can you ask for?
Addie yelling “ride ‘em cowboy!” 
We put simon on for a pic, but he was much more interested in touching the horse than smiling for the camera:
And can I just point out how much I want a pot-bellied pig?! I am ambivalent as to whether or not we ever get a dog or a cat, but I am rather insistent that at one point in time, I get to own a pot-bellied pig. One small one for in the house (they can be trained for kitty boxes, just so you know), and a big fat one to live outside. They are just SO sweet! Just look at this perfect example of pot-bellied splendor they had at the farm:






3 comments:
Wow it is gorgeous there!! Those trees are amazing. Don't you love groupon? Looks like such a fun place to visit.
4 wheeler = awesomeness!! Looks like a fun fall.
1. I LOVE THAT PIG!:) LOL...
2. You guys look like you had tons of fun:)
Post a Comment