November has been quite the month in Provo. Good things are happening everywhere. My sister Jen got a fancy new job with great benefits at a place called Omniture, her husband got a good sized raise at his job, my sister in law Cindy got a great new job, and *insert drumroll...* Sam got the internship to Exxon Mobile! Yesterday was his birthday, and it just so happened that Exxon called him on his birthday to tell him the good news. He had his first interview the first week of October, so it has been a long time for us to wait to find out, and we have been so anxious. There was really tough competition for the position, and Sam is only in his Jr. year of his program, so the fact that he was chosen just says leaps and bounds about how cool he is. I am so proud, and we are just so excited. The majority of people who get internships are offered jobs at Exxon after they graduate, so we hope that we like Exxon and Exxon likes us. We just may become bona fide Texans when it’s all said and done. I hear they have good rain storms down there, so I’m looking forward to that.
So that means we will be in Houston for 4 months, from May to August of 2007. The internship pays really well, so we will be able to save up for a house and babies after graduation. Exxon also pays for our moving costs, so that is a nice perk. More than anything, it just seems like a great place to work and it’s an amazing opportunity for Sam (and I get to tag along). They rarely work more than 40 hours a week, and the company is set up so everyone has an opportunity to advance. My brother Kevin works there as well, so it will be fun to live near them and get to spend time with his family. The only variable left is what will happen with my job. I talked with my boss and it looks like I may be able to work remotely from Houston. So we’re keeping our fingers crossed.
More than anything we are just incredibly grateful and excited. Our whole marriage has just been full of blessings and happy times, and I just feel so overwhelmed by God’s love for us. Hooray for November.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Congrats you guys...and by the way, it's "ExxonMobil," not "Exxon Mobile" just so you know... :-)
ah rats. I blew that one. I guess that's why sam was hired and not me.
Yay for lori, and yay for sam! Yay or everyone! what a great month. I'll miss you lots, but so long as it makes it so I get neices and nephews sooner, then I'm ok with it.
Post a Comment