Friday, September 28, 2007

Blog by Sam!

Nerd Icon = Sam decided to blog again! It's probably because I'm sitting in a "mandatory" lecture at school, and that somehow makes it easier to blog.

School still trudges on, and the light at the end of the tunnel is still 3.8 more semesters away. It wouldn't be so bad, but unfortunately I'm only taking MBA classes this semester so I don't have a good way of satiating that techy/nerdy hunger that rages inside of me. As a result, I've been endlessly tweaking my laptop as a part-time hobby.

I got the lappy back last week (after an unfortunate incident involving my butt, a tile staircase, and a healthy dose of gravity) and I decided it would be a great opportunity to reformat it and start over again. I'm nerdily proud to say that my laptop is now running a dual-boot of 64 bit Vista and also Ubuntu Linux. I also am running a virtualized XP system inside of Vista.

In other news, Lori went out to buy us a copy of Halo 3 from Best Buy... and she got carded! Maybe that's only entertaining to me, because my babyface and I have to show ID to buy a can of air-duster, but knowing my wife has to cough up some ID to buy a video game for 17+ year olds makes me unreasonably happy :)

Life just got a little better because the college boys upstairs moved out (with a little prodding/evicting from our landlord...). One of the roommates stayed, but he wasn't a problem. The upstairs pool table and foosball table are gone, the massive trucks are gone, and late-night sanity has returned. Now if we could only get the stupid dogs next door to shut up in the morning.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Darn pesky beagles:).

Faloopa Jones said...

I'm getting ready to load Vista on a external HD to run on my iMac via Bootcamp really soon. I'm pretty pumped because all my old games are all win only. I've thought about running Linux too - just to get to know it better. I've never worked much with the L and I'd like to learn some.

However learning Mac OS ofter being a WinMan for years is a tiny bit frusterating. I mean, Cheeta is too easy! I'm over-complicating it!

Cassie said...

Please punch me if my dog ever becomes one of those. I'm trying the rule of..she's not aloud to bark. :) But yay that your neighbors are gone, bad neighbors totally ruin a new place.