Thursday, September 06, 2007

We're back!

Please excuse my long whiney post.
      You know how there are some points in your life when you realize that everything's been perfect for so long and you've had such great luck with everything that you're afraid of how it will be when it runs out? Yeah... I've been feeling that way for over a year, but I think our luck wave ran out on Saturday August 25th. Aside from having a successful ride back (for which I am VERY grateful)- our luck has really gone downhill in the last two weeks. Everything just seems to be against us all of the sudden, and it's a hard adjustment to make.
      1. Our car went from a happy car, to needing 800 in repairs which manifested themselves within 2 days of needing to drive 1700 miles (it wound up being $580 to fix just the radiator).
      2. Our stuff took a few extra days to arrive, then when it finally did- there was only one UPS lady about my size and no dolly to unload the thirty 40-50 pound boxes, so I had to unload the majority of them myself and now feel nearly paralyzed.
      3. Our vacuum which we left here and never shipped anywhere- all of the sudden the suction piece into which the dustbin connects has disappeared so our vacuum is out of order until that's sorted out.
      4. Our upstairs tenants have a pool table and a foosball table right above us and are living the self-proclaimed "bachelor social life". They also park in our parking spots. I hate them. Luckily our landlords hate them too and they will probably be booted this weekend.
      5. We had to spend over $500 just getting new groceries and random necessities for our new place.
      6. We've had a DVR and HD through Comcast for over a year, and it cost us about $45 a month before. They have now raised the price for the same services to $120 a month. Comcast is a dirty whore.
      7. We've been without internet and cable for over a week and we're going mad. Comcast refuses to believe that our address exists, even though we have a comcast box outside. In this point, I believe that terrorists are targeting me and Sam and are using Comcast as their method of torture.
      8. Sam slipped and fell on our front steps and severely busted his laptop screen. It's a rather nice and spendy laptop, so when we bought it we made sure to get the full replacement coverage as well- and boy are we glad that we did. So this is more of a huge inconvenience than anything else- but it was also a horrible end to a rough day.
      I wish I had better news and cute pictures of my adorable babies or of me and sam hiking through some beautiful scenery, but I don't. We're plum out of energy and coming home's hit us rather hard. We have loved seeing all of our friends though, it's our source of happies. We got to hang out with Chris and Cindy for the first time in what seemed like a year, and it was wonderful. I've missed them so much- being around them just makes me feel comfortable and content.
      My other happy is that all of my favorite ward friends have found my blog and I can now read their blogs too. The world of blogging is so great because I can keep in touch with my friends that move away and still feel involved in their lives, even though I'm not really at all. So here's a shout out to all of my blogging friends. Thanks for the comments, they totally make me happy.
      Oh, and my other happy is that I have been sleeping like a baby ever since we got back on our comfy provo bed. Hooray for that!
      I promise not to whine at all in my next post. It will be full of witty, uplifting insights and stories, and will have at least 2 good pictures included for your viewing pleasure.

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Hey, everybody deserves a whine post here and there. I'm glad you're back, though, I'm sure your luck will return shortly.

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

Hey, sorry about your lame homecoming. if half of that stuff happened to me i would never stop whining. I feel bad your transition has been so hard. Take care, glad your back. oh and dan agrees about comcast. and I have a vacuum you can borrow.

Allie said...

That stinks! Were glad you guys are back and that the drive went well. If you need any help let me know its no problem I have more time on my hands now that Madie is in preschool. You also live so close so let me know. We use to have comcast DVR but couldn't afford it anymore I was so sad to get rid of it I dont know how I'm going to watch my favorite shows anymore.

The Hills... said...

I can't believe all the horrible things that have been happening? I'm so sorry. I gasped when I read that Sam's laptop screen was busted, but was relieved when I found out its covered. I am glad to hear you're sleeping!

P.S. I'm excited to see you tomorrow!

Lance said...

Sam, see if you can keep the busted laptop. I think I have some thanksgiving ordinance for it ;-)

The Hills... said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. The party was a success and the food was perfect! Are you guys up for some munchkin this weekend?

Cassie said...

I hate comcast too, they raised my payment from 40 to 52 dollars. which isn't as bad as yours! but if your only paying 40 bucks, 12 more is a lot! I was like...so even if I bought this package being told it would be only 40 after my promotion ended, and it's been 40 for a year....your going to charge new bundle prices on old accounts? Yeah apparently.

I'm glad sam's laptop is ok, I think everyone freaked out over that one.

Nicole said...

HMMM...I think everyone officially hates comcast. We actually just cancelled our service because the internet was jumping from 30 to $60. Yeah, we weren't happy! NOw you wonder, how do I have the internet....well that is thanks to whomever in this apt. complex has wireless. Yes I admit we are freeloading. But hey, they chose not to password it! (please don't tell them, or think less of us!!) haha. we'll be happy to start paying a reasonable price from questar as soon as they password protect it.
Also, I am sorry about your series of unfortunate events. even when you are supposedly *whining* (which I thought you were just stating facts, unfun facts, but facts nonetheless)you make me laugh. I am sorry it's been a bummer time coming back. You are hilarious though and we need to get together soon!!
Love ya!!!!