Aside from rolling, sleeping through the night, laughing, babbling, and being the most adorable baby of all time, Addie has now added sitting up to her baby résumé! She can't sit up indefinitely yet; but she can totally hold her own for a few minutes at a time. When she sees her feet she'll even lean forward to suck on them, then sit all the way back up on her own. I'm so proud!
She's been WAY active lately. She still cuddles or sits still really well if someone holds her, but that's pretty much the only time that she's chilling out. Every other spare moment she can find, she is moving her legs and arms, trying to crawl, rolling, or arching her back to look all around the room. I'm happy she's learning so much about herself and what's around her, but I'm sad that she's losing her baby fat due to all of her new exercising *frowny face from mommy*
She'll be starting baby rice next week or so and baby food soon after that- so here's hoping she can pudge herself back up again. 16.5 pounds is a strong weight for a 5 month old, but it doesnt go nearly as far when the baby's as tall as addie.
So that's the update on our little angel. Here are some cute new pics of active addie!
Here she is about to work on her crawling skills in front of her mirror.

That's her newer playmat. We have the ocean wonders one (seen a few posts back), but it was too narrow for rolling over, so the new one's a nice upgrade- she totally loves it! There are lots more hanging doll things on it, but she's constantly pulling them off to suck on them.


After I shot the picture above, I realized that it may look like she's leaning against the couch- but she's totally not. I decided to move her out a bit so no one would think she's cheating:

Here she is going down to get at her feet:

How cute is that pic though?
See the all of the new pics at the picasa album.


6 comments:
Oh I love it when babies lean over to eat their feet! It is so adorable. I can't believe she is sitting up and now on to cereal! It seems like you just had her! But, that wouldn't make sense since I'm now ready to have mine (just about!) and was barely showing when you had her. Wow time flies!
We love that your kid has so much personality. I imagine she is a kick in the pants in person. Hope all is well.
Look at those long legs! She is such a cutie!
What a big girl! Showing off her neat tricks. Very impressive!
Man that girl is flexible!
Do you think those baby leg things could double as leg warmers for you?
I like the one with out the bow on! The bows are definitely cute but it was fun to see her looking different.
Post a Comment