I was driving in south springville today to pick up a brand new pack-n-play I had bought for addie. The lady from whom I bought the pack-n-play lives on a very narrow road, with cars lining both sides of it making just enough room for a single car to sneak by and continue on the road.
As I drove up, a big white van that was parked on the side of the road opened up it's back door. It wasn't the two normal doors on the back of a van- it was one HUGE door.
Anyway, the door being opened blocked the street completely; like, there was NO way I could get around it. So I waited for about a minute and a half to see if anyone was going to take care of it, and then I honked a little lame honk just so they'd know their door's blocking the street.
Unfortunately, because I was parallel with the truck, I couldn't see that they were wheeling a very ill person out on a gurney to load into the van. When the people came into view, it's not too shocking that I was met with evil glares from everyone involved.
Oh, how horrible I felt. Here I thought I was being nice by waiting nearly 2 whole minutes (which is a long time in waiting time), then I only did the smallest of alert honks- but honestly, once I figured out what was going on I felt like the biggest jerk of all time; very worthy of the glares of death I received. Moral to the story: when a gurney is involved- any honk is a bad honk.
*I will now hang my head in shame for a week*
I am quite happy with my purchase though. This beautiful brand new pack-n-play for only $60!


6 comments:
2 minutes of waiting is a long time, I would have honked too. You have nothing to be ashamed of.
I'll just take the other end of the argument since Jen was nice. You're a jerk! There. :-)
I would have done the same. You didn't know. Nice pak n' play. That baby of yours is always styling!
I probably would have gotten out and closed the door. Then they'd get to the car, see it closed, have to go back inside to put the gurny down; then come back out, open the door and head back in. Just in time for me to be making my way back down the street to do it again! haha. Mistakes happen, don't beat yourself up. I'm sure they realized you couldn't see.
On another note: I'm totally offended you still haven't added me to your blog. You know easily offended I am! :o)
Lori! I've been thinking about you and wanting to call or something but am just getting settled into our house and getting the hang of things. We were in and out of suitcases for a month and Lexi's sleep schedule was SOOOO bad and she was so sleep deprived that I've been REALLY trying to get on a schedule for this past week. It's been going really well with the exception of a few relapses. Anyway, so much to say so I'll have to call to catch up. Little Addie is darling! I love her smiles! And I just laughed when I read your blog about you being the biggest jerk! That is so funny! Anyway, hope all is well. I finally got a blog so you can keep up too. but i'll call you soon.
This made me laugh! i think I would've honked too. No worries. :) And sweet pack n play. How do you find these deals?! We're looking for a toddler bed...help! jk. :) Addie is looking cute as ever. Love the post about all her changes. Seriously, don't they grow too fast!
Post a Comment