Now that I’ve finally woken up from the coma that is the first trimester, I’ve realized just how much I’ve been missing out on. We bought our house in august, and played and had tons of fun in September and October, but then right when the weather changed, I also got pregnant. I wasn’t ever nauseous at all, but man was I sleepy. The combo of perpetual rainy days and my first trimester-induced catatonic state turned me into a crabby hermit (which is surprisingly not so different from a hermit crab).
But the sun came out right when I got my energy back, it was amazing! We’ve had 2 or 3 weeks now with 4 or 5 non-rainy days a week or so. The days are longer (meaning dusk hits at 5 instead of 3:30pm), the sun is peaking out from the winter clouds to say hello, and we’ve had plenty of 50 degree days. Addie’s been playing out in the yard tons and it’s just been a really nice change of pace.
I’ve been feeling great these last few weeks and am ready to take on neglected projects. The first immediate things I’m dying to do are paint the great room (then everywhere else, but we’ll start there), build a shelf for our new TV to sit on in our cutout over our fireplace, and get the doors on our closets and doors trimmed so they can work with our uber fluffy carpet upstairs. I’m sick of living in a nearly-there house. Each of these things are not hard fixes, we just haven’t had the energy or resources to do any of them.
So here’s what we have been up to the last little while. It’s nothing too exciting, but we take what we can get.
Here, Addie decided that her crackers needed to be eaten with a spoon; as a proper princess would do:
Addie is positive that she needs to do just what mommy does. Though it’s cute, it’s also EXTREMELY annoying when it’s things like cleaning the toilet. She gets really friendly with that toilet wand and seriously, it’s just disgusting. It doesn't matter where I hide the wands—she finds them and uses them before I can realize she’s missing.
After a long, hard day of annoying the crap out of her mother while simultaneously being the cutest child alive, Addie always finds time to kick back and relax a bit. Sometimes, she goes to extremes when reveling in her perfect life.
Our ward had a sockhop party on saturday night. It was a fun way to get out of the house and be dorky with friends. I won the women’s hoola hoop contest, Sam and I did some swing dancing, and Addie had an absolute blast in her cute 50s dress.



2 comments:
Way cute picture (as usual!)
Good post, great pics! We finally taught D to leave the toilet wands alone. If only I could convince him not to kiss strange dirty cats.
Post a Comment