Rhymes with BOY!!! That is right folks, we are going to have a new baby boy! We are happy to announce that baby boy Burkman is healthy and seemingly happy as could be (though he did look cramped in there).
We are both totally ecstatic, though I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around a baby boy. I can’t even pretend that I’m pregnant with Addie all over again anymore. This is a whole new baby altogether and it’s about time I realize it! More than anything I’m thrilled to see Sam have a new member of team boy, and I love the idea of being a family of 2 girls and 2 boys for a while.
I am really excited to start decorating our spare room as a BOY nursery, and converting Addie’s current room into a big girl room. Poor Sam, he’s just going to have to oblige me as I go decorating crazy. I’m already going to go over to Target this afternoon and buy our new son his very first little outfit *giggle giggle*.
We recorded the ultrasound and will edit it down to the highlights and put it up soon. The baby is happy and healthy in every way and is measuring just a tiny bit ahead of schedule, but the August 1st due date is intact.
For now, here are the pics!
Here he is sucking on his thumb:
And here’s another cute profile shot:
We also got tons of weird alien/skull looking shots that aren’t quite blog worthy. Also, the pic of his boy bits isn’t going to be included in the blog, but if you click on one of the pics above it’ll take you to the album and you can see it in the set of pics on there.
So it looks like the majority of you voted right (17 to 10)! I don't have a cool way of rewarding you other than a happy pat on the back. Thanks so much for sharing in our fun news with us!


15 comments:
I love your baby fig. He is so cute.
Congrats! Boys rule, girls drool!
Congratulations! Let the shopping begin!
Congrats Lori and Sam!! I am so super thrilled and happy for you! I am so excited to meet this little guy, he is going to be so loved and adored!
HOORAY!!! i'm SO sad i missed your call! i was at the store and didn't hear it ring. :( i can't wait to see how his cute little nursery comes out! oh i'm so excited for you!!!!! yay for baby boy burkman!
How exciting! Congrats!
Yeah for team BOY! That's way exciting to have a cute little boy! Have fun with all of the shopping and decorating!
Congratulations. I am sure you guys are very excited!! Good luck on the growing family. I am sure his big sister will sufficiently torment the newest addition.
Yay! I'm so excited to see a little Sam running around :)
Woohoo!! Boys are great!! I'm super excited for you!
Oh boy, a boy! Well, congrats to you all! Just wait till you hit the clothes racks. FYI, steer clear of Osh Kosh. If you're like me, you'll go broke in there buying boy stuff. Boys are great!
He is beautiful.
In a manly way, of course, Sam.
Congratulations! I am a bit partial to baby boys. :-)
Cute pic of sucking the thumb.
yay!! congratulations! I meant to comment forever ago.. thats so exciting it is kind of strange to go from a girl to a boy it took me awhile to think I would be ok with it or at least know how to handle a boy. So exciting I cant wait to see him (well at least pictures)!!
Post a Comment