Because Simon was born too quickly for my GBS+ antibiotics to kick in, we were supposed to stay at the hospital until Thursday morning for further observation. BLEH! Count me out. I hate the hospital. If it were up to me, I’d go, give birth, then leave 4 hours later. Because Simon was in his protective bag of waters for 98% of his delivery, and was only actually in the birth canal for maybe a minute, his chances of exposure were very very slim. This, and some petitioning from my midwife made it so the hospital would let us come home on Wednesday morning (which turned out to be 1pm) instead.
Here’s Simon in his going home outfit:
Please note the dino feet:
My mom was super cute and decorated the house for us. Addie was waiting in the driveway, jumping up and down just going nuts. It was super duper fun and heartwarming to see her. She was all about seeing her parents come home, but it was VERY obvious that she was excited about baby Simon. Here she is right before we arrived, in an outfit she and my mom picked out at the store earlier that day: 
And here we are arriving at home as a famliy for the first time: 
Our first morning home, Addie came running into our room to wake us up. She immediately asked to hold Simon, then to watch Yo Gabba Gabba with him. She patted him, and told him the names of all the characters, it was adorable. 
Things have been going really well! He is SUCH a good baby. He only cries when we change his diaper or if he was eating and I had to make him stop or something. He has been eating like a total champ and has maintained his birth weight, which is awesome.
The nights have been really good. He’s so sleepy, he just wakes up to eat and goes right back down. We’re enjoying these first newborn weeks when the baby just sleeps and wakes up to be cute. I know it’ll be different when he comes into his own, but thus far- things are great!
Addie is absolutely in love with him; obsession is probably a more accurate word. She hasn’t shown a single sign of jealousy, only adoration. She gives him binkies, practices putting blankets on him over and over, is very concerned if he ever cries, and just spends her days giving him hugs, kisses, and whatever other form of affection she can think of. She does get bored with me and Sam though and wants to get out of the house more… but we’re still trying to find our stride.
Here are some of my favorite photos I’ve gotten:


Here, he’s sportin’ his thug look: 
I have been totally loving my snuggle time with him. He is just so small and cute, he makes Addie look like she’s 35. I seriously am already sad that he’s 4 days old. I hate that we can’t snuggle like this forever:





3 comments:
Oooh yay, fabulous new photos! I hadn't seen those yet. The smily one is AWESOME.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Simon, and tried to get it on our name list for both my girls (had they been boys). I also have thought from picture one that he TOTALLY looks like your dad. i also think he kind of looks like his cute cousin Daniel, who i can't seem to see any kunz in. :) Love the new pics, they are super duper sweet! Glad that he's been such a good baby for you, it makes a big difference. Addie is a sweetie pie for being so nice to her brother! Love the mommy-desire of two year old girls.
I'm glad you guys are doing so well - he is so incredibly adorable!
Post a Comment