I was changing Addie’s diaper last week to get her ready for her nap, and she started saying “Potty mama, potty!”. I really thought that she was just trying to stall for her nap, but you can’t deny a toddler a trip to the potty if they’re showing interest on their own so I brought her to the bathroom. To my great surprise, she totally peed on the potty! I was shocked. We did a HUGE potty party dance and gave her praise like no other. After the party died down, I brought her back to her room to put her in her diaper for her nap. Instantly, she said “more potty mama, more potty!”. At this point I was SURE she was just trying to bide time before her nap. Again, to my greater surprise, she totally peed on the potty again- and more this time! I didn’t have any treats on hand to give her, so we made cookies right after her nap as a reward.
We took her to the store and let her pick out some big girl underwear. It was kinda funny though, because she quite preferred the cars, buzz lightyear, and thomas the train varieties of boy undies more than that girly princess panties. I was able to talk her into a set of those though and some girly Yo Gabba Gabbas so she won’t be sporting a front pocket on her undies. She walked out really excited about it, so that was fun.
We weren’t planning on potty training her for a few more weeks because she really hadn’t shown much interest or ability in that area yet. But apparently she decided that she was ready, so we decided to follow her lead. Tomorrow marks her first full week of the process and she’s done incredibly well. If we’re at home and she’s just in her panties or naked, then she had 100% wet accuracy (until today when she peed out of spite I think). Solid potty trips are a lot harder to time, so we’ve been working on that one. I’ve taken her out and about for 4 hours at a time and she didn’t have any accidents, so I think we’re well on our way.
So three cheers for Addie! She turns two and a half next month, so this is pretty good timing for her. I really hope it continues to go as well.
Here she is with her new potty seat (don’t worry, it’s brand new and unused here): 





10 comments:
Way to go, Addie! It will be super nice for your mom to only have one child in diapers! Hope it continues to go well!
Alright Addie!! What a big girl she is!! I hope Ollie makes the transition that easily.
Wow, that is adorable! What a big girl!
Yay for potty training, way to go Addie!
Congrats! That is great news. I love that last photo - one of my favorites
That's some GOOD potty work! well done! It took us an easy 6 weeks to get it down. and pooping has finally become a consistent thing that i don't worry will happen in the middle of a grocery store. I've thrown away plenty of undies just so i don't have to carry around poopy ones in my diaper bag... So GOOD JOB ADDIE!! superstar!
WTG Addie! what a super star.
Um, I think someone should inform your daughter that those things are intended for facial use...just sayin...
Hip hip hooray!!! And what a fun potty seat.
YAY ADDIE!!! it's so nice to not have to deal with diapers, isn't it?!?!?!? i love it! she's so cute sittin' on the toilet reading. that's a classic picture! oh and i am loving your halloween themed blog! so cute!
Post a Comment