Our sweet Simon turned one year old yesterday. What a bittersweet day! I cannot believe that my precious, itty-bitty newborn is already a toddler. I never could have asked for a happier, more easy-to-please baby. He is just a joy and I can’t say enough about how happy Simon has made all of us and how grateful we are for him.
We had a pretty fun day! We spent the morning at the park and he went down the slide for the first time and really got to play and climb on the equipment. I didn’t realize that he was ready to hold his own like that already, but he was all over it! Then in the evening we had our friends over for some cake and play time. It was the perfect way to celebrate our little man.
Literally, I had a conversation with my sister Becky yesterday saying how I figured Simon was probably at least a month short of walking. He was just too happy cruising around holding onto things and was NOT interested in trying it on his own. He’s only been standing very occasionally on his own (only when he didn’t realize he was doing it) for about 10 days and even in those instances, he was not confident. Every time I tried to get him to stand or walk, he’d just instantly collapse (on purpose). He just did not want to walk!
Well, I guess the joke’s on me… because Simon didn’t only take his first steps today—he took off! His first steps were not the wobbly, momentum-based stumbles that Addie’s were. He seriously is already walking like he’s been doing it for a few weeks.
All in all, my heart is just so full of love, pride, and gratitude. He’s growing up just so much so fast. I love his fun, bubbly self these days; but my heart will always ache for this little face:
















4 comments:
Such a sweet post! <3 little Simon!
you got some great shots of him eating. those are awesome. great cake too! i can't believe he's a year old. that's too crazy! happy birthday simon!!!
Love those cake pictures--looks like Simon enjoyed it thoroughly! And that last photo of all of you looks like a TV family. Too perfect!
Happy Birthday Simon!! And way to go with the walking. Now life gets really busy for you Lori!! Hey my sister in law is moving to Seattle so hopefully we will visit them and we will definitely be giving the Burkmans a call, so get ready!!! :)
Post a Comment