Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Much needed bonding time

      So Sam has been a homework zombie for the past 3 weeks or so. All day, every day-- programming and doing projects or studying for tests. The second he was done with one huge project, he'd have to start on the next. I was getting quite lonely from the never-ending experience, but it's hard to have a pity party for my lonesome self when I know that I have the easy end of the stick. He is the one that is programming for 15 hours straight. Finally he finished his last test on Friday and is in a few days of downtime now. It has been so fun! I missed him and am so happy when we get to spend just normal happy wasted time together.
      The other night before bed, we started speaking solely in Spanish to each other. Well, me in true Spanish and Sam in a Portuguese blend. He does a remarkable job of speaking Spanish though, considering he hasn't ever had any proper teaching except from listening to me. It was really fun. I hadn't spoken Spanish for a long time, and I was very happy I can still do it. It's just fun that that is something we can do together.
      Then last night, Sam entered a new stage of prized husbandom that few have ever reached. He watched Anne of Green Gables with me! They had a 4 hour marathon on KBYU on monday night and I recorded it on our DVR. It was really only 3 hours of actual Anne of green gables though, when you skip over all of the pathetic pleas for public support. I think he liked it well enough, though it is TOTALLY not something he would watch of his own accord. It just made me so happy that he was willing to watch it with me. Such a delightful husband I have.
      We also have had time to read together before we go to bed. We just finished Wind in the Willows (it had to go on a month long hiatus due to school). It was a good book, but Grahame isn't as good of an author as Milne is, so it made us miss The World of Pooh, which was the book we read just before. We have also read The Little Prince, and multiple works of Edgar Allan Poe as well. Sam hadn't read any of these before and I really enjoyed us being able to read them together and how much he really appreciated the books too. It's nice to be able to share things that fall in my " these are my favorite things that I rarely share because I'm not sure others will understand how great they are" category with someone, and for the other person to genuinely appreciate them on a personal level as well. So yeah, Sam rocks. I love him times ten.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Hooray for sam, and for husbands in general. I'm sorry you've been lonely, and I'm right there with you. It's taken Kenny and I over a year now to finish reading Eragon together- only 30 pages left; you'd think it wouldn't be a big deal.

Sam said...

:) For the record though, I corrupted windows XP on my lappy and I had to reinstall the OS...so I was doing that during Anne of Green Gables

PureDesign said...

Thats cause Windows SUCKS...

Get an APPLE and rid yourself of those pesky problems! Besides MAC is a laid bag guy wearing jeans and a T-shirt with messed up hair, and he stars in funny movies like "Accepted" also makes us lauph when he gets hit in the head with a wrench in "Dodgeball" and was kind of annoying in short lived TV sitcoms like "Ed." there is more to this list, but that is sufficient enough, cause you know he also tries to be the hero in a lame horror movie like "Jeepers Creepers."