So Sam has accurately described me as bipolar concerning the move. Three weeks ago, I was SO giddy about going it was all I could talk about. Two weeks ago, I was all stressed out about finding somewhere to live. Then then all last week, I wanted to throw hissy fits because I hated packing all of our stuff just to leave it here. I was pretty down on the whole internship idea. We spent all of Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday evening packing every single thing we own. We were pretty thorough, we even saran wrapped our couches, mattress, box springs, and pillows to make sure they wouldn't get dirty or gross during the move or 4 months of storage. Everything was well-organized and packed into boxes without any loose ends. Oh man how I hated packing all of my favorite things knowing that we are just leaving them here. I would have made a pretty crappy pioneer.
Anyway, moving day went surprisingly well. Sam and I picked up the moving van at 7:30 and started loading it. Jen came over from 8:30-10 and helped us with our first load which consisted mostly of boxes and chairs. Kent came over from 10:30-12 and helped us with our second load which consisted of our desks, armoir, office chairs, loveseat, and half of the china hutch. Ben, BJ, and Chris were all scheduled to come down at 2 to help us move things, but we were pretty ahead of schedule and hardly had work for all of them to do. All we had left was our mattress, entertainment center, sofa, and the other half of the china hutch. With the flat dolly we rented, those all moved out rather easily with no big troubles. We were done moving by 3:30, and then we cooked some pizza and ate lunch with our friends who had come to help us. I was really glad that moving went so well. I hate asking friends to move- so the fact that no one had to commit for longer than an hour and a half and everything was ready to go when then arrived made it much more tolerable. Sam and I were both ridiculously tired all day Sunday though.
So our apartment is now rather desolate looking. Our front room has our TV and two camping chairs in it, and we are sleeping on an inflatable air mattress in the back. The only thing left we have to pack is our kitchen, but that shouldn't be so bad.
Now that moving is done, I'm back to being quite excited about going to Houston. We leave Friday morning and will arrive in Denver around 4 or 5. We will spend the evening with my brother Chris and his family, then sleep at the Best Western just down the road. Saturday we will drive from Denver to Wichita, Kansas. Then Sunday we drive from Wichita to Houston. We will stay with my brother Kevin on Sunday night, then move into our new place on Monday. I can't believe everything is finally so close- I'm so excited!
Oh, on a movie plug note, we saw Hot Fuzz this Saturday and it was just about the funniest movie I have ever seen (made by the people who did Shawn of the Dead). Rarely does a movie make me belt out my big ol' belly laugh and point at the screen in laughter- but that movie totally took the cake. We took Cassie and Kent to see it and we were all totally busting up the whole time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm so glad everything got moved and you can now get excited. I would NOT recommend dragging the moving process over 3 weeks- I'm going nuts!
It has been so good hanging out again together these last couple of days. You will be missed my friend!! I love you tons and am glad you will be coming back. Have lots of fun!
Glad that everything went so well. I wish I would have known you were moving we could have come and helped. Have a great time on your cruise!!
Post a Comment