So it's now April!!! How about that? All of our plans will soon be realized. Here is the general schedule:
April 15th: Start moving our stuff into a storage unit
April 17th: last day of classes at BYU
April 20th-21st: Move the majority of our things (any volunteers to help us?)
April 25th: last day of Finals
April 26th: Move the rest of our things and clean our apartment
April 27th: Leave provo and drive to Denver and spend the evening with Chris and his family
April 28th-29th: Finish driving to Houston
April 29th-May 5th: Get situated in our new apartment in Houston, I start working remotely for TestOut.
May 6th-May 13th: Go on a Western Caribbean Cruise for our summer vacation before Sam starts up at work.
May 16th: Sam's first day at Exxon.
So there you have it. We have just 26 days left in Provo, then we are going down south. I have lived here for 5+ years now, so I am excited for a change. I am still rather apprehensive about not knowing where we are living, but that will be sorted out shortly.
As for anyone who could help us move, we would really appreciate it. I still have aggravated disks in my lower spine, so I'm no good for moving things (though I always still try then wind up hurting myself) and I don't think Sam can do it all on his own. Let us know if any of the dates above work for you if you think you can help. We will keep you posted on any news as to where we are going to live and whatnot.


4 comments:
Hooray for plans and assignments! Looks like all of provo is moving at the same time, but we'll lend whatever help we can:).
Make sure to contact XOM and ask about relocation service -- you should have that now. Don't be timid -- make sure they know you need relocation assistance ASAP.
Have you been to Houstin much? I was there for work a few years ago - I was the Regional Jewelry Trainer among other things and TJ Maxx's sister company Marshall's was rolling out jewelry in 15 test stores. I was shipped in for something like 6 weeks to oversee the set up, merchandising, and personel training. I loved the city! It was big and hot and kinda stinky, but I had a TON of fun there!
Here's a tip: begin driving at least 25 mph over the posted speed limit at all times. My first day there I was only going 75 in a 60, and a cop pulled up next to me and waved me on faster. I got up to about 85 before people stopped flying by me, and about 93 before people stopped passing me altogether (you gotta love rental cars!).
Here's another tip: the main freeway goes in a huge loop around the whole city, so if you miss your exit just keep going for 25-30 minutes and you'll be back where you started. The exits are confusing though: they have 'access roads' instead of ramps, and that can get a little hard to navigate. My rental had a GPS system, though, so I was okay (I was supposed to get a Chevy Nova, but they rented out my car so when I threatened to call the Home Office travel coordinater, they gave me a year-old Jaguar. Score!)
When you get there, I can get you into a mortgage instead of an appartment for about the same as rent! I'll even cut the fees! :)
There is actually more than one major HWY in Houston that makes a loop around the city, welcome to TEXAS, tahts what all major cities in Texas have.
the access roads make life a whole light easier if you ask me, because the access road follows the HWY the entire time, so if the HWY scares you (like my mom) then you can just stick the the access road, and have to go through a lot of lights, and perhaps a few stop signs.
Texas is a great country, you should feel privleged to be there, it's just sad you have to be in the worst possible city in the beautiful place...
I hope you are ready for HEAT, and humidity, humidity only Sam can relate to (since he was in Brazil.)
Post a Comment