1) I missed sam like crazy. We've spent SO much time together over the summer and not had any other contact with other people, so being gone has made me realize that I have become 100% co-dependent on my husband. Growing up I was always too independent and chose to rarely rely on people, but apparently that ended 2 years ago when I fell in love with my favorite person of all time. The second I got off the plane here, I realized I wouldn't get to see him for a week and I freaked out. I really miss him even now- it's embarrassing.
2) Moving day sucked. I thought that I'd have about 5 people to help me, which seemed just right. But it was a busy weekend for people so when saturday morning came, stuff fell through and the task of moving everything I own had to be accomplished by just three people: Lori with a jacked up back, my sister becky who's 4-months pregnant, and her Husband Kyle. It was just kind of weird to come back "home" to utah to find that the only people who could help me out were my sister her husband who don't even live here, but were on vacation. I know that things come up and it's not anyone's fault, but that was a rough day. I'm SO glad that Becky and Kyle were so sweet about it though. They are my two favorite people in the whole world. Jenni and Kenny were nice and came over on Sunday and helped me set up a bit. We made a lot of progress and the place is coming together nicely.
My trip home has picked up significantly since the weekend though. On Monday I took the day off to go swimming with becky and kyle and their 3 kids who are freaking adorable. It was way fun. Then yesterday I came into work at TestOut and got a really great yearly review and a recommendation for a raise and everything. I'm really glad that they still really like me after allowing me to work remotely over the summer. I have a great job and it's nice to feel appreciated and valued.
Then last night I went on a date with Becky and I took her to see Harry Potter. I have read all of the books (most of them for the first time) this summer, so I had put off seeing the movie until I finished all of them. I thought this new movie for book 5 was great. I actually really appreciated all of the departures from the book, because I didn't really dig the style of book 5 much. The movie made some much needed improvements as far as I'm concerned. Sam's going to read the books now too, so he's going to hold off on watching the movie until it comes out on DVD.
I'll be hanging out with Cassie this afternoon and seeing their new house and their new little puppy too. Then tomorrow I'm going to Lagoon with my work, and I'm taking Jenni and Jared Bailey with me for kicks. It should be really fun. After that, I have friday off from work to finish setting up at my house, then I fly home on Saturday. I've decided to include this picture even though I look a bit chubby and creepy in it, because all blogs are better with pictures. This is me seeing my new nephew for the first time:


7 comments:
OH Lori, I am sorry you had such a crappy moving day. I wish Dan could have helped. He tried to reschedule his lessons too, but it wouldn't work. You should have called after 1:30 if you still needed help then when he was done. I actually thought when he got home we should call you, but I figured you might be done. Sorry we should have anyways. Well I am glad it is done with. Have fun for the rest of your time here in town.
Little do Chris and Cindy know that Lori came back to provo to steal little Carter...and raise him in Houston! Muahahaha
That sucks about moving day! Since I have two kids I'm not much help at all. I would of volunteered Mike before but I know he couldn't do it either. I can always come over and help put stuff away, organize etc. if you dont mind two kids running around. Were excited that you guys are coming back to provo! I still think you should come to our ward!
Oh, you guys are sweet. I didnt mean to make people feel bad for not being able to come. I was just venting on a rough day. You guys are so sweet.
You should have called me. I am pretty good at this remote working thing.
Lori -
I so would have helped you if I was in town. But our Sacramento reception was on Friday, we were in San Fran on Saturday, and didn't get back to Utah until super late Sunday! If it helps, I'll think of you each day as I organize and unpack stuff at our apartment (knowing we are in the same boat!) :o)
I know what you mean about being dependent on your spouse. We just got back from Hawaii. I was supposed to be with this family to nanny for a week, then Brian was supposed to meet me a week later. However, I couldn't stand being away from Brian, so we bumped up his flight! I was miserable without him, even in Hawaii.
On another note, I'm so sorry we weren't in Utah to help you move.
We're coming home next week and can't wait to hang out with you and see your new place!
Post a Comment