Sunday, August 31, 2008

So many changes

For anyone wondering from my last post how the new night time habits have been coming along, Addie's been doing great!
Since our bluff, she's up and decided not to wake up at 2 or 3am anymore. She goes down at 10 or 11pm (still working on moving that up), then is sleeping straight through until 7 or 8am. I wake up, get her, feed her in bed for under 10 minutes, then she goes back to her crib and sleeps in until 10:30 or 11am. I know, I know... the timing's still a bit off, but the theory is there- so I am happy. It's honestly shocking how quickly she went from waking up EVERY night at the same time, then all of the sudden just not doing that anymore and doing something completely different (and better, yay!).
She is still an adorer of feet. There isnt a moment when she doesn't have her feet in her mouth, is hugging her feet, or is desperately trying to do so. She's gotten really good at grabbing things with her hands to play with them or eat them... but whatever she grabs almost always only lasts a few seconds before she wants her feet back.
Her new trick in the bath is to dip her feet gently into the water, then bring them up to her mouth for just a few seconds... then she repeats the cycle over and over again. At first I couldnt figure out what she was doing, but then I could see she was sucking/licking the water off of her feet, then putting them back in the water to restock on the wet goodness. Oh babies... what will they come up with next? Here are some pics we took of her after one of her nightly baths this week:


Addie grabs EVERYTHING in sight and brings it to her mouth. She totally loves playing with her hanger doobers on her playmat. We just got her a new playmat that she can roll over more easily on, but I'll get pics of that up soon. Here's her other one though (notice how her feet have to get in on the action too):

Every time I started to watch an instructor video for work on friday, Addie kept looking over at the spot where sam usually sits. The guy in the video has a deep voice, so I'm pretty sure it made her miss her daddy. I inferred that that meant she wanted to do something nice for him, so we made him a note and set her favorite chair up in the entry way so it'd be the first thing he saw when he got home:

Let's see, what else is new... Oh! Addie was looking at pictures on people.com with me the other morning and we decided she needed to keep up with the celebrity babies and get a "suri cruise" look. Luckily, we ran into a peddler during a walk the other day who sold us some hair serum and look at the results!



I totally think she achieved the look she was going for. Babies grow up so fast, don't they?
*Please dont make fun of me for my delusions and lame attempts at humor. I'm a technical writer who stays at home all day with a baby... let's just put me in the category of "doesnt get out much".

Lots of new pics are up at the picasa site.

8 comments:

merrilykaroly said...

Aww what a cutie pie.

Becky said...

wow, maybe I should get that hair Serum for my boys! that stuff works great!

Miller Family said...

She is so cute! And she seems like such a happy baby. And I think your humor is funny, but I know what you mean about being home all day and not getting out much, I seriously crave some adult conversation by the time Jason gets home!

Danielle said...

Sleep and toes - it doesn't get any better than that! What a cutie!

Jenn said...

I'm with Becky- I need to get some of that serum for my son. He has less hair now than he did at birth (though thankfully that means his baby mullet is gone).

Alan and Kiersten said...

lol! love the hair! that is awesome! you crack me up! brilynn has that same play mat...she loved it. now she loves all over so no more play mat, but it served it's purpose very well! have fun in vancouver this week!

The Hills... said...

Man, you guys really lucked out with that baby. Not only is she the cutest, but from what I've heard...she is so good natured. Can't wait to meet her!

Chris Kline said...

Nice doo. Just look how much fun you can have WITHOUT Photoshopping her. Also very glad to hear she's sleeping through the night. You'll be forever grateful for that one.