Saturday, May 02, 2009

Being a baby is oldschool... being a toddler is where it's at

I think Addie decided that turning one year old meant she needed to grow up all at once. In a period of one month, the amount of tricks and skills she has learned and the amount her personality has grown is just INSANE!!! So for those who dont get to see Addie often, here are some videos of her in her daily life. Click on the expand option in the lower right of the player to see them in full-screen HD. The walking ones are just of her walking... but she does cute things and tricks in all of the other ones.

She's gone from a "I can take 4 hesitant steps at a time" walker, to a "I now walk anywhere, all the time, it is my favorite thing to do" walker. She's already working on running, but usually biffs it after 10 fast steps though. You can tell she's totally pleased with herself... she just walks in circles all day long, just to show off that she can.



In this one... it kind of shows how much she's realized that she can bring things with her. She LOVES to walk around with big things like sam's shoes, boxes, pillows, and dolls. I think it makes her feel cool to not only be able to walk on her own, but to also have the ability to bring big things with her. In this video, she's just dragging her walker across the house with her.


We tried a social experiment of giving Addie a baby and some trucks for her birthday to see which she preferred on her own (having first exposure to both at the same time). She has made it VERY clear that she loves her baby. She seriously just walks around with it most of the day; giving it loves and kisses whenever possible. The trucks? Well... she sucks on them and throws them when she finds them- but there definitely isn't the innate love for them that she's felt for her babies.

So in this video, I ask "where's your baby?", then she instantly goes looking for it, finds it and points to it to show me, then goes to give it loves.


This next video just shows how she goes about her days, trying to bring her baby with her if at all possible:



Not only has she decided she's a pro walker and a nurturer of babies, but she all of the sudden seems to recognize the name of everything and how things work after us only showing it to her a few times. For instance, these videos were taken just days after getting these presents for her birthday and she totally already knows where the invisible button is to make brobee dance, who her baby is, and who her duck is. The funniest part is that the duck was stuck underneath the toy chest earlier that day... so when I ask her where he went, that's the first place she looks.


Here are just some other cute things she's been doing for the last month:
  • She totally throws her hands up in the air and says "ah dah" when she's "all done" eating.
  • She knows her drink (milk in a sippy cup) by name and calls it "dee",
  • She still plays peekaboo whenever possible.
  • She knows exactly who mom and daddy are and calls us by name.
  • She says "sa sa" when I give her something, I think it means thank you.
  • She loves to wave, give high fives, give kisses & hugs, and she likes to point at things. Hugs usually entails putting foreheads together, or giving closed mouth kisses. Kisses usually entails a full-on, open-mouthed slobber kiss, they're gross but fantastic :)
  • Addie LOVES mirrors. She seriously just gets so excited any time she sees her reflection in anything.


Lastly, I've spent the last week finally putting all of addie's newborn-6 months videos online in high quality. They are SOOOO sweet, she's tiny in them! You can see them all here at our video gallery. I still have from october-february to get online, but what I have so far is a good start. Seeing her so small seriously makes my heart melt. How oh how did she get so big?!

This one is one of my favorites... I forgot how sleepy she always used to be!



Here are two others that just make me want to get instantly pregnant again:

She's two months old here:


And this one was on father's day last year, so she was just 6 weeks old:

6 comments:

Jenn said...

K, Daniel LOVED watching all of those videos, he was waving "hi" the whole time.

Cassie said...

Woah that's weird to see her so young!

Alan and Kiersten said...

she is so cute! this is where it gets fun! seriously. everyone said i would hate it when she learned to walk but man, i love it! they learn so much everyday! yay for addie!

Becky said...

ok, nothing really to do with your post- but I LOVE addies clothes. I want another baby girl!!!

eric and melea said...

Isn't it wierd to realize they aren't babies anymore?? Now that you got your period back, I'm predicting another baby in the near future?!?

Phillips Family said...

She looks like quite the wild woman!! Takes after her mom!! hahah