In Provo, our ward met at 8am. When you have a baby that sleeps in until 10 every day and who exclusively nurses for an entire year (and took forever each meal), it makes getting to church at 8am a much bigger effort than it really needs to be. Such was the case for us and though our religion was still practiced and upheld in every other aspect of our lives, we did not keep church attendance as a high priority. We still made it to church occasionally, but we always laid low, then snuck out early for some yummy lunch, a nap, and family time together. With us both working full-time and Sam in school full-time, Sunday was just our happy special day to spend together and really, I LOVED IT THAT WAY! Though, of course, all good (and bad) things must come to an end. We realize we were being selfish and that going to church is a blessing that we were passing up.
We made our move to the NW a clean break for us as far as church goes. Addie is definitely old enough now to learn at church and notice if we don’t go regularly, so we’re doing everything we can to attend weekly for the entire time and be active members of our ward. Though it’s never advisable to be bums about going to church, it is always nice when you miss it and are excited to go back.
We’re going to the ward where our new house is and it seems like it will be a good fit! We’ve both been in student wards at BYU for 8+ years and it’s fun to be back in a normal family ward. Addie already has made some little friends and it seems like we’ll be quite happy there.
Addie is as good as we could ever ask a one-year-old to be during church, but she is DEFINITELY ready to run and play the second she’s out of class. As you can see, we can barely keep up.
So far the funnest part about making sure we go to church every week is dressing addie up in adorable dresses! She was so cute this last week, I just had to take a few pics after church. (That dress is a 2T, btw. I can't believe how grown up she is!)


Addie’s not the only one that I love seeing all dolled up at church. Sam looks WAY hot and fancy in his suit, I just love it. We got it for him back in October for recruiting and every time I look at him I feel all fluttery that he’s my husband. The jacket totally needs to be taken in (we never got around to it), but he still looks classy as could be anyway. It’s dark chocolate brown with thin pinstripes, if you can’t tell from the pictures.
On a side note: Because we moved and I lost my favorite hairdresser in Provo, my hair was LONG overdue for some love. It had been nearly 3 months since it had been dyed so I had 2 inches of ashy blonde roots growing in and my color had faded to a very unfun shade of reddish brown. I finally got brave and found someone here at a random salon in Redmond and had my hair dyed a darker, more purply red and got a trim. It’s pretty fun, I’ll be bummed when it fades. I was nervous about not knowing the hairdresser at all, but she seemed to do a fine job and I didn’t have to pay a crazy amount for it. 


There are some more new pics at our album.





3 comments:
You all look great! Your hair looks good. Addie's dress is adorable. And you know I love to see the church attendance! haha. :o)
your posts crack me up lori! i LOVE addies dress!!! where did you get it? so cute!
ooh that last photo of your hair looks like a pantene pro-v commercial!
I'm glad addie's loving church :)
Post a Comment