Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Happy, growing family= the necessity to take gigs and gigs of pictures

     I know, I take and post too many pictures. It’s not a secret, I’m not unaware of the problem. I just can’t help it. Not when Addie changes so quickly and when so much is going on in our lives.
     To at least help my addiction be aesthetically pleasing, I'm continuing to try to learn to use our camera better. Lately, I’ve really been trying to shoot in manual if I have enough time before addie stops doing whatever funny thing she’s doing. Here are a few of the cute pics we’ve gotten the last week or so:

Addie frequently spoils cute shots by reaching for the camera though. Perhaps she is testing my ability to shoot in focus with a narrow field of depth?


     Most any time we play in the back yard, I listen to books on MP3 on my ipod or I get crazy bored (playing in dirt doesn’t hold my interest much). I got too close to addie to take a picture though, so she stole my earbud and started listening. I think she likes what she heard: 
Here are some funny ones from Addie’s first time eating powdered donuts:
 
Who could resist that cute little face?!

     Anyway, I’m just so happy to be a mommy and a wife and I love my family more than I can even describe. I feel compelled to do my best to capture and record all of the fun times we have together and be able to look back at our family in all of our different stages. So far, every day and every stage has been better than the last. Sam and I were giving each other a big fat hug in the kitchen that turned into a slow dance the other night and Addie came over, hugged both of our legs, and started rocking back and forth with us. Seriously, life doesn’t get any better than that- it just doesn’t!

The rest of october's new pics can be seen here.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I love those big blue eyes!! She is getting cuter and cuter.
And I am so jealous of your camera. I sure could use your photgraphy skills. ;)
The slow dance/hug is the cutest thing ever.

Autumn said...

I totally understand your need to take loads and loads of pictures! When I see my niece for a weekend I come back with usually 400 pictures!! I can't imagine how many I'll take when I have my own kids. :)

You'll look back and be so thankful you go all those precious memories, because unfortunately, we do forget things. I have forgotten things that I thought were etched into my mind forever!

LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pictures and blogging. Hooray for Lori!! :)

Phillips Family said...

Um, I love powdered doughnuts!! She has good taste!!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Great pics! And don't apologize for posting lots of pics (have you seen MY blog?! Now that's probably overload!lol). Seriously though, if people don't like it, they don't have to look. :)

Alan and Kiersten said...

i know what you mean about taking a bazillion pictures! i do the same thing. what did we do before digital cameras?!?!? addie is so adorable!! i love all this pics! her eyes are gorgeous!