We hosted our very first Thanksgiving at our new home this year and it was so cool! I don’t know how to feel more grown up than inviting your own parents over to your house to serve them a holiday meal. My uncle was super nice and drove all the way up from Eugene to be with us. He’s a total sweetheart and we’re glad he came up.
We learned just how much really goes into a big meal and how hard it can be to juggle everything coming out at just the right time. Addie definitely loved having guests to play with and she ate a pretty good amount of food at the feast. As to be expected, we took plenty of pics :)
Here’s me with my mom, isn’t she cute?:
My dad and uncle waiting for the food to be ready:
Addie getting ready for the feast:
Sam dorking around while cooking:
Me and Sam posing for a shot while we were cooking:
Addie was positive she needed to have some sparkling cider. Usually she doesn’t get to have fizzy drinks, but we made an exception for the holiday. She LOVED it, even drank like a pro with her pinky up in the air and everything:
Though the turkey was fantastic, the best part of the meal was probably the mashed potatoes:
Yes, you’re reading it right… it says “Lori’s Prego” in the top. This is our sneak surprise way of telling my parents (and now all of you) that I’M PREGNANT! My parents were totally surprised and way cute about finding out from their thanksgiving food. It was too fun.
We only found out last week and we are SOOOO excited! We were going to wait to try to get pregnant again until January or February, but we got beat to the punch! A summer baby wasn’t really in my plans, but I am just giddy as could be that God is blessing us with another baby.
The due date is August 1st, so we’ll probably have a July baby. I’m just 5 weeks and 2 days along, so it’s all very new. At this point I’m just assuming I’m pregnant with Addie again because she is the only pregnancy and baby I can comprehend. Sources tell me that there is an entirely new baby in my tummy right now though, so I guess only time will tell! I am amazed that in these last 3 weeks, my itty bitty bean already has a heart, brain, and circulatory system and has grown the first phases of a nose, pancreas, lungs, liver, and stomach. All of that in just 3 weeks time! It even has flippers!!! lol Okay, so I suppose flippers isn’t a huge accomplishment, but it’s dang cool all the same :)
For those of you who don’t trust messages written in mashed potatoes, here’s the actual proof:
I know it is early by most people’s standards to make a public announcement, but we waited until 13 weeks with Addie and it wasn’t fun at all! I felt like I was keeping a secret and couldn’t talk about my experiences day to day, and by the time we did tell people, it was all anticlimactic because most people figure it out by then. So this time around, you’re all in on the secret good and early and fun times will be had by all.
As for the normal questions, I’m feeling great. I just got hit with a bad cold all week last week, which isn’t uncommon for the newly-pregnant types. I’m more tired than usual, but I’m still making it through each day just fine. I haven’t had a touch of morning sickness or anything else, but it’s still early in the game. I never got any with Addie, so I’m just hoping this will be a repeat. Mostly I’m just excited and totally blown away that there’s a new baby on the way.
If you can’t tell, I’m THRILLED. I wasn’t even really in a baby hungry place at all, but the second I saw that positive test, I became instantly baby-enthused. I even took my first belly pics today. You can see them here at my PREGNANCY ALBUM.
So in closing, I am deeply grateful for my family this Thanksgiving. Even more so than I could have comprehended a month ago. I’m so grateful to our heavenly father for sending us everything we’ve ever hoped for, and I pray that I can repay the blessings by being a good mother and showing the Lord’s love to others in any way I can.


15 comments:
Wonderful post. I'm so glad you're not keeping it a secret. I hate secrets and suck at keeping them.
Your belly looks amazing right now, by the way.
That was the cutest way of telling them your pregnant!! So creative! We found out we were pregnant the week of thanksgiving and held off telling everyone till christmas, it was hard waiting! If you have a boy I have a bunch of summer newborn clothes I didn't get to put Ashur in. Yay!!! Congratulations!
congratulations!!! i'm glad you told your secret early because i loved hearing about every detail from your last pregnancy...so i know i will love keeping updated about this one. i love how you told your family...i just might be copying that some day. (not in the near near future...if you wondered..haha)
Congrats to ya'll! That's awesome! I'll have to let you know if a few days how my experience has been. I'm excited but scared and nervous too. But as look at those tiny NB clothes I can't help but get really excited! Happy for you! Can't wait to hear the updates.
YAY!!! i had a feeling! i'm SOOOO excited for you!! alice was a surprise pregnancy too, and it's just absolutely too much fun to have her! toddlers are so cute with babies. and addie will keep you super fit. :) congratulations and good luck!
That's so exciting! I'm so happy for you guys! Congrats!
Congratulations!! That is great news. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy.
Congratulations and the new baby on the way. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.
Yay yay yay!! I can't wait to follow your pregnancy posts! It will feed my little "can't ever be pregnant again" heart! LOL. I'm glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I'm happy you told us all early! YAY!! Sending out prayers for a happy and healthy 9ish months!! Woohoo!
congratulations, lori and sam and addie. we love you!
Congratulations! I'm way excited for you! And Sam and Addie of course! Maybe one of these days Jaren and I will be able to make an announcement like that in such a fun way!
Congratulations on hosting your first Thanksgiving at your new house, and your super exciting news! That is great! You're way ahead of me - I'm 27 weeks and haven't taken any belly pictures. (Perhaps because mine isn't quite as cute as yours!)
Hooray! We are so excited for you! Cute idea with the potatoes.
first of all congrats on your first thanksgiving! looks like it went off without a hitch! and i LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you told everyone you're pregnant! that is so funny and creative! i hope you're still feeling great! congrats again on baby #2!!!
Congrats! I bet it was fun to host for Thanksgiving. It's fun to create a warm environment with family.
Post a Comment