Tuesday, June 07, 2011

The mice that dreams are made of

    That’s right, none other than Mickey and Minnie! The Disney gang made an appearance for the opening of the Disney store at Bellevue Square Mall. My good friend Megan knew of Addie’s undying love and adoration for Mickey and the gang so when she heard they were in town, she let us know right away and I’m so glad she did!  
     Adelaide was SOOOOOO excited when she realized what we were about to do. This video is a small hint of the giddiness that consumed her:

    I don’t know what it is about them, but she just LOVES Mickey and his friends. If the world were up to her, she would do nothing but watch Mickey Mouse specials or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse all day long. She was simply thrilled to meet him in real life: *The audio didn't take on this for some reason, imagine squeals of glee though. Also, I had to tell her like 15 times that her turn was up, but she kept lingering and hugging him one last time. It was starting to get awkward by the end*:    

     Apparently, we were pretty lucky to see Mickey himself because they switched out characters every half hour. Not 3 people after Addie was done, Mickey left and out came Addie’s bff, Minnie Mouse. We had no choice but to get back in line and wait another 25 minutes so she could meet Minnie as well. I think it was well worth the wait though:



She stood there and watched Minnie for probably 15 minutes afterward before I coaxed her into leaving with promises of presents. We went down to the Disney store and hooked her up with the goods.

     Addie has enjoyed her many toys and dolls over the years, but hasn’t ever shown a favorite or lovey of any kind. That is, to say, until she got these dolls. They have been by her side since we bought them. She talks to them, tells us when they’re happy or sad, tucks them in at night, makes them hold hands and kiss, and bends over to walk them to where ever they want to go. She has also been talking nonstop about meeting Mickey and Minnie and how they love her and gave her hugs and kissed her head and how it made her "SOOO very happy". It is seriously just TOO cute! I love it. No worries, we are definitely planning a trip to Disneyworld in our near future.

10 comments:

merrilykaroly said...

Love it!!!! What would it be like to stand there all day in that costume and bring joy to hundreds of children?? That is so fun.

We might take a trip to Disneyland in August... if I can stomach a roadtrip. :)

Rebecca said...

Okay, that was too, too sweet. I seriously almost cried when Addie ran and hugged Mickey. That is what pure joy looks like!

Paul and Aliisa said...

Reina LOVES Minnie! She only has a coat and costume...so we plan to visit Disneyland in a few years. So glad you guys had this rare occasion!

Alan and Kiersten said...

you seriously need to get that girl to DISNEYLAND!!! those pictures are adorable. she looks like she's in heaven. so cute! gotta love those moments as a parent.

Megan said...

Oh yay! I'm so glad she had fun. She is sooo cute with her little Disney friends.

Phillips Family said...

Disney is great...but next time take her to the land and not just the store!! Looks like a fun time.

Katrina said...

This makes me sooo happy! Sometimes I worry that the next generation of kids won't understand or appreciate the classic Disney characters but this gives me hope. :-D

Cindy said...

I love it! Addie is so cute. I think she would have been happy to just spend the day with Mickey. Adorable.

Callie said...

So cute! She looks like she is in heaven. Eden acts the same way when Elmo is around.

Her skirt is adorable by the way!

Brittany said...

that was absolutely precious to watch!!! What a little darling! That totally made me laugh to see her lingering with Mickey - haha, I'm sure he loved it! You have got to take that girl to Disney Land - glad to hear that is in the plans! :)