
First off, we had a wonderful christmas. Cassie and Kent came over christmas eve and we had cheese and bread and crackers and an assortment of yummy things, and then we were going to watch a movie, but instead wound up talking until about 2am. Cassie and I are both very good talkers and listeners- and our husbands are quite nice and obliging, so once we get going, it's hard to stop sometimes. It is fun getting to know people better and whatnot, and Cassie and Kent are both very interesting people to talk to.
We spent Christmas with Jen and Kenny and it was quite enjoyable. Sam made a salt roast which was delicious, and we got to use the new fancy glasses and golden silverware I just bought to match our china. After that we played disney scene it and strutted our Disney skills.
Though Sam and I weren't supposed to get eachother christmas gifts because we already bought the TV and stand for christmas, we couldn't resist getting eachother secret gifts. Sam bought me an expansion for Battle for Middle Earth (my favorite real time strategy game) called Rise of the Witch King. I bought this nixon watch for Sam because he has had a crush on it forever, but I know he wouldnt ever buy it for himself. He has done such a good job at school this semester, I figured he deserved a fancy cool watch. We also bought a few other things in the name of christmas, like 2 new pair of dress shoes for Sam, some great new avacado green sheets for our bed, a new DVD player that has an HD upgrading feature, and the Fancy champaigne glasses and golden silverware to complete our China set.
The rest of the break is a blur of sleeping, playing Rise of the Witch King or Kingdom Hearts 2 for 6+ hours at a time, and watching movies or playing games with Kenny and Jenni. Really, that is all I could ask for in life. Except for our internet and cable being down for about 6 days, that sucked... stupid comcast. Anyway, we have thoroughly enjoyed our break for sure. I did miss Chris and Cindy though, they went home for break so we haven't seen them since the 19th. I don't know how I will handle being away from them for 4 months next summer. But it is good to miss people, because then you know how much you really care, right? Anyway, that is a christmas update.
Here is a picture of Sam and me. I thought we were both going to pose nicely for a good christmas shot, but Sam apparently had other priorities.



3 comments:
Good times, good times. Thanks again for christmas dinner; it was great.
Il y a les fois dans nos vies ou l'on se dit, "Comment se fait-il qu'ils me connaissent?" Bien, voila, l'un de ces temps...
I like the new watch.
Post a Comment