Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Fully updated!!!

       Well, I finally integrated our blog with our website. With my web design background, I felt rather sheepish copping out with a standard blogger template and I've been wanting to upgrade our blog for some time. This still isn't the coolest thing ever and I'll improve it later... it's just all I had in me at the moment. I did my very best to make the blog match theburkmans.com in theme and colors, and now you can reach our blog using the URL http://blog.theburkmans.com too. I started this blog 2 years ago not knowing if it would stick and I also didn't think it would be a family blog for us, I thought it would stay just mine. Because all the good names were taken, my blog got the lame URL of loribloggyblog.blogspot.com, which is ridiculously cumbersome to type in. The old URL will still work, but for overall ease, blog.theburkmans.com is the easiest way to access it now.
       I also updated all of our pics on our website! I added 5 whole albums covering from our cruise until now. Many highlights of pics were covered here on the blog, so some of the pics in the new albums won't be new pics if you're an avid blog reader. I definitely want to keep my web albums updated though because they will act as my photo albums when I grow up and look back- we don't really print off albums anymore. I'm way stoked because I finally jimmy-rigged a way to make uploading my pics SO much easier. It used to take me about 2-4 hours to upload 60 pics because I created each page by hand. I have now automated the process by manipulating 3 existing programs to get the end result I wanted using my own template and I honestly couldn't be happier- I can now do 130 pics in about 5 minutes. It will just make it SO much easier to keep updated in the future. Why don't I just use photobucket or picasa you may ask? Well, now that I'm a full-time writer, I miss doing my web design and graphic design work, so I use our webpage as an excuse to feel like I'm still in the game- even if it's not anything too impressive these days. Plus, it's just cool having a page that's specifically ours.
       So that's the update- I've been busy and I'm happy with the result. One of these days I'll give theburkmans.com a huge overhaul, but until then, this should do just fine.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Gave up on the transparency, huh? Can't blame you, it looks great as it is! Nice work!

Brian Hill said...

Nice. I like the new look! We need to get together, call me!

The Hills... said...

That last comment was from Callie, not Brian. Although I know he would agree with what I said!

Cassie said...

Hey! I checked out your new pics on the website and since I can't comment on there..I'm all about pre bikini shots! It's not weird at all! In fact I think they're the most important so people can just look away if they must. And I love the swimsuit you were wearing too.