We had our first ultrasound today and it was quite successful.
We're having a GIRL!!! I always thought I wanted a family of 5 boys, but then once I got pregnant- I started feeling like this little one would be a girl and that perhaps that wouldn't be such a bad way to start off. Sam thought we were having a girl as well, so my thoughts kind of snowballed into a girly-baby frenzy from there. This last week though, I realized that I didn't want to be disappointed if it turned out to be a boy, so I tried to think of all the reasons I've always wanted a boy to help me be more objective. But we were both right- she is definitely a little girl! We were also very happy to find out that our baby is as healthy as we could hope for and is insanely active and squirmy. We got a great view of pretty much everything about her and it was just too fun. The ultrasound was a great experience- the equipment was outstanding, the technician was really good at what she was doing, and we even got to see cool 3d shots. I also learned that the placenta (anterior placenta is what they called it) is on the front facing side of my stomach, so that's probably why my tummy stuck out so early because the placenta was developing and adding extra dimension on the outside.
They gave us the recording of the whole ultrasound on a DVD, so I'm going to edit it down to a "best of" clip that's just a few minutes long for those who'd like to see. That should be up on monday. Till then, here's the profile pic of our little one:
Her little arm's up by her face, ready to stick her thumb in her mouth. We got a few more shots or random arms, feet, legs, and ladybits, but I figured everyone's mostly interested in the definitive profile shot.
As for me and the baby, I've been feeling some really good movement for about a week and a half. Because of the anterior placenta, I haven't felt hardly any kicks near the front, but I feel it around the sides and top a few times a day. It's definitely nice knowing that the baby's in there and is happy. I'm feeling great in general and am happy to be at the halfway mark in the pregnancy already.
We also scored ourselves a really good deal on furniture from a classified ad on KSL.com. Here are the pics of the changing table and dresser we just bought:

That's my favorite dog doll from when I was young on top, his name is bully.
8 comments:
YAY for three little lines!
I LOVE your furniture. I might have to steal it. Think anyone would notice me sneaking in and taking it? i DO know when you work.....
Congratulations!
Very exciting!
AAAAAHHHH!! a a baby girl. That is great. Congratulations.
I can't believe that everyone, including myself, swore that it was a little girl. Yay for little girls!! I'm so so excited for you guys and what a great shot in that picture! You can totally see the face, it's crazy!
Nice! Congratulations :-)
You're going to be a great mommy. Congrats Lori and Sam on a healthy little girl!!!
Yay a girl!! Having a girl first is the best! Then when you have another baby their your little helper. Congratulations! Nice furniture! I really wanted a dresser with the changing table on it it saves so much space and I just like the look of it.
We are so excited for you guys!!!! We need to get together again...soon!
Post a Comment