Sunday, December 30, 2007

A post-christmas post

       So... it's been a bit longer of a lapse between posts than I usually allow to happen, but it's been a busy and relaxing christmas break all at once and I was just enjoying every minute of it.
       Sam's parents came to town from the 21st until the 28th. Both his brother and his sister live in the provo area, so we took full advantage of spending time together every day playing games, eating profuse amounts of food and treats, and watching movies. Sam has a wonderful family and I'm glad that I was lucky enough to marry into such a great group of people, I really enjoy spending time with them.
       Sam and I didnt see much point in buying each other christmas presents this year due to the overwhelming necessity to buy everything pink, cute, and baby-related in provo. We did get some great gifts from our family though, so that helped add to our christmas cheer. After christmas was over, I came down with a rather nasty cold, and since I'm pregnant there aren't too many medication options available to me so that stinks. Sam's taken good care of me though and we've enjoyed our down time together.
       I would like to wish my older sister Becky all the luck in the world, she should be popping out her 4th baby any day now and I'm just uber-giddy about it. As for my own pregnancy- I do believe I have crossed over into definitive "big, fat, and pregnant" territory. I no longer can stand up easily without assistance, I can't lean forward comfortably, and I have outgrown the belly section of 4 of my 6 pair of pregnancy pants. I was rather surprised at the quick succession in which all of these new developments happened, but I guess it's safe to say that I will no longer be enjoying the slow-paced, happy-go-lucky nature of the first half of my pregnancy.
       I for sure look identifiably pregnant in anything I wear now, and I can feel the baby kicking and poking me all day long. Sam's always loved poking me and annoying me because he thinks that my "frustrated/ready to hit him" face is adorable- so he's ever so happy that the baby's doing his dirty work even when he's not around.
       The first thing that EVERYONE asks us now that we've had out ultrasound is "what are you going to name her?". Well, we really don't believe in naming babies before they're born, but to settle everyone's curiosity, I figure there's no harm in letting people in on the naming game. We both feel very confident that we will be naming our daughter Adelaide Scarlett Burkman, then we can call her either Addi, or little lady as nick names. We both love it and it just feels right at this point, though we may change our minds after meeting her. Sam's favorite name is Brunhilda Beluga Burkman, but I think that Adelaide will ultimately win out. Our other favorite names are Scarlett as a first name, Lillian, Jaquelin, and Avery.
       So that's that! I don't think we have any plans for new years eve yet, so give us a call if you're up for doing something fun. I hope you all had a great Christmas and got to spend time with the people you love.

8 comments:

Allie said...

I'm glad you guys had a merry Christmas!! Thats such a cute name and Addi is a very cute nickname. We dont have any plans for new years eve as far as I know we should do something. Maybe try that game again I really want to play it again. I'll talk to Mike and give you guys a call if your interested.

Becky said...

Yay! new blogs from Lori! I missed you.
We need some belly shots sister! If I can post pictures of my huge self, so can you!

Danielle said...

Glad you had a good Holiday full of family time - that's the best!

Don't worry about feeling big - show off your belly with pride! You look fantastic. (It's a little sickening, really).

Happy New Year!

Brian Hill said...

Adelaide is so cute, I've never heard it! Thanks for sharing. My sisters never tell us the names they plan to use prior to having the baby. She is going to be so cute! We can't wait to meet her!

The Hills... said...

That was from me, not Brian! :)

Jolayne said...

It is so sad that your posts are not the least bit enthusiastic. Kidding. We are excited for all the new cousins this year.

Nicole said...

LOVE love love the 'possible' name. She is going to be so dang cute. Any help on ideas for a boys name would be greatly appreciated...we're getting that question and have NO clue what we want! Merry Christmas! Sounds like you guys had a blast. Maybe we can finally get together now...hmm...maybe for some American Idol nights?! :)
Love ya
Nicole
ps I don't think you could ever look fat...even pregnant. I'm sure your tummy is adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the nickname Addi or Addy but Scarlet?? doesn't roll off the tongue. Loved the movie however. Have more fun thinking about and waiting for that cute baby!