Monday, March 24, 2008

Slow going

       Thanks everyone for your comments and thoughts and whatnot, this has been a very tiring week.
       So things are actually back to slow and boring for me and Sam. I'm still contracting every 5-10 minutes and about 1/3 of them are pretty darn uncomfortable. At this point though, I'm not going to go back to labor and delivery unless I'm positive the baby is coming and the contractions hurt so bad I can't talk or breath. They're enough to keep me up the majority of the night, so I'm rather pooped and in need of some catch-up sleep.
       I had another midwife appointment this morning and she said that I'm still the same amount dilated and effaced, but the baby's head is moving down much lower now. What the midwife and we are assuming will happen is that I will keep contracting away for the next 2 weeks or so, the baby will continue moving on down, then when the time comes for the actual delivery, she will already have made it most of the way to where she needs to be and everything will go rather quickly. This is what I tell myself at 3am when I'm awake with a very sore, contracting tummy anyway.
       As for our weekend, Sam was an angel and deep-cleaned our whole apartment and finished any and all projects that needed to get done before our baby arrives. I'm a cleanliness nazi, so our place wasnt too messy to begin with, but he knows that anything he doesnt do from here on out, I'll sneakily do when he's not looking and I'm not allowed to work on such things anymore- my job is to rest in between contractions.
       For easter, Sam made me a big fatty lunch composed of all my favorite breakfast foods- it was delicious. We spent the rest of the day just trying to get things clean and ready and also trying to relax and nap as much as we can. We also watched Enchanted, which was a completely worthless, though entertaining movie.
       Here are some pics of me and sam when we were babies, so everyone can start imagining what baby girl burkman will look like. Unfortunately, I looked more like a boy as an infant than Sam did, so here's hoping that our girl gets Sam's pretty face.


6 comments:

Jenn said...

oh, I think you were pretty girly once your hair grew in. quite angelic, actually. But your kid is destined to be a toehead, at least at first... so I don't know which gender features will help the most:)

Cassie said...

that toilet seat could have ruined the pic. Actually there's a pic with sam in a cardboard box and he looks even cuter in that one.

Becky said...

Im sorry about the Prodromal labor. It is the SUCKS. You have my utmost sympathies.
I like how you changed the boarder on that picture from orange to pink to make you look more girly.
I like you. you make me giggle.

merrilykaroly said...

Hehe what is he doing with the toilet?

VoNique said...

We just need you to hold out until after your baby shower!

Chris Kline said...

Sorry things didn't work out to see you while we here here in UT. Left you a message and hope that things go well and that you can make it to the end safely.