I’m nearly 6 months along now and all sorts of realizations are hitting me all at once! 24 weeks means:
- The baby officially is viable at this point (meaning 50% to 70% baby survival rate if I did go into labor for some reason), and every week from here on out just increases his chances of being a happy healthy baby! He still definitely needs to keep cooking for another 12-16 weeks, but it’s good to know that he’s already so big and developed. One less thing to worry about, right?!
- I only have about 3.5 months to paint the entire interior of our house, find and buy new furniture for Addie’s big girl room, prepare everything and anything we need for the baby, and somehow manage to do a buttload of yard work to hopefully get our yard into good shape for summer… all of this with a big ol’ belly in my way. Bleh.
- I have officially entered the downhill side of being pregnant. I already can’t breath well when sitting up or when leaning over, I just started to get the big painful rib kicks during church this week, and I’ve gained 20 pounds already! I had barely gained any weight at all even at 15 and 17 weeks, so I thought I was going to avoid the 50 pound gain I had with Addie, but alas; it looks like I’m well on my way to chubsville pretty soon. I’ve always been a healthy eater and I’ve started running/walking 3 days a week for the last month, but I think I just need to accept that I’m a weight-gainer when pregnant. Oh well, bodies do what bodies do, right? At least I lost all of it and then some last time, so here’s hoping I can do that again for number 2!
I did take my monthly belly pics at 22 weeks, so feel free to go check them out on our picture site. I didn’t post them on here because I feel bad that my family blog is now all about babies 24/7, so I’m trying to keep the prego posts to a minimum if at all possible. This is already a baby post though, so here’s a pic I took of myself last week. I’m sick of smiling at myself in the mirror for random pics, so I decided a kissy face would be more fun.



8 comments:
I'm glad you posted that belly pic, Daniel and I got to chat about the baby in your belly.
You look great! Don't worry about gaining weight while pregnant - seriously. You're suppose to gain weight - besides, no one likes to hug a skeleton. :-)
super cute!! and your skinny legs make the whole big belly even cuter. dont worry, you'll lose the weight just fine. besides, we want to see a nice big healthy baby!!
You look beautiful! I love that shirt on you.
Looking good, and great looking shirt!!
Look at you! You look like you were made to be pregnant!
How can you look adorably PREGNANT and oh-so SKINNY at the same time???
yeah i gain 50lbs when i'm pregnant too. i thought this time around i wouldn't because i started out not gaining hardly anything but low and behold i packed it on. oh well. you look great! i love the pic...your face is awesome!
Post a Comment