The old adage for March, “in like a lion, out like a lamb” definitely does not apply to Seattle in Spring. January and February were truly delightful months weather-wise, then March was just a jumbled, confused mess. It started off on the good streak made by February, but then it just went downhill. We’ve had crazy amounts of rain, wind, and thunder storms, which has definitely put a cramp on the ol’ list of things I can do to keep Addie entertained. I finally decided that rain is an excuse to just have a new type of fun. A messy, wet, muddy type:
Now I know, I know… I moved to Seattle, I can’t be surprised if it rains a lot in the spring. It is weird how half of a day can be delightfully sunny and nice, but then bam! Rain comes out of nowhere. Still though, it is Seattle, so that doesn’t make the March lion confused or drugged; but I do believe that this does:
We’ve been getting the most insane hail storms! They come out of nowhere and then with a whoosh, there’s lightning and thunder and the ground is covered in a 1/4 inch of hail in no time at all. It hurts if you get caught in it! And just look at my poor tulips, all confused and wondering if they’ve made a mistake by growing in such untamed lands.
The good news is that all of the flowers have started blooming, and all of our trees have already sprouted their little baby leaves. It’s becoming more beautiful and picturesque here by the day and I totally love looking at it out the window... just not being stuck out in the weird weather.






5 comments:
Wow, the video make me realize how very tall and thin she was. And cute, too, of course. And that hail is INSANE! IS that ypical for Seattle?
I love the tulips, they look so pretty, even if they are surrounded by hail. Hail is the weirdest type of weather, but I always liked it a little. Hopefully things will start being a little more consistent, weather wise.
Our tulips are barley popping out, and what little is showing has been chewed on by the deer. Lame.
love the pics with the tulips and hail...how funny. and addie is so cute, i bet she had a blast! brilynn liked watching the videos.
She looks so grown up! And stylishly dressed as always. Very cute video! I'm sure she is happy that it's been raining! You are very nice to let her play in it.
I think that last picture is AWEsome. You should give it the title Strength in Adversity or... Blossoming Through Trials. Or something else equally as cheesy :)
Post a Comment