Simon turned five months old this week, can you believe it?! He has changed so much in the last few weeks, it is truly mind-boggling. To follow up from the last post, Simon was weighed on Monday and had gained FOUR WHOLE POUNDS in just 20 days, taking him all the way from 7th percentile to 46th percentile. I can’t believe how much he has changed as a result, he looks like a whole new baby every week. I absolutely love his chub coming in and his face is changing to look like the baby he started out to be. I don’t know if he’ll get back up to 90th percentile, but he’s well on his way to being healthy and chubbery again! He's currently 16 pounds, 6 oz and is 26 1/2 inches long.
I haven’t done as good of a job at keeping track of his milestones on our blog as I did with Addie. I guess that’s just the plight of the second child, right?
- He started to roll from his tummy to his back consistently at about 7 weeks old.
- About two weeks ago, he learned how to roll easily from his back onto his tummy and is now using rolling as a transportation method to get where ever he wants to go.
- He started scooting and caterpillar crawling this week! If I put him 6 feet away from me, he’s over at my feet in under 3 minutes just waiting for me to adore him further.
- He started being able to really hold toys well around 3.5 months old and is a master at it now. Don’t get near him or he will grab you, rub his mouth all over you, and not let go!
- We got our first big belly laugh from him a month ago and it is just too cute!
- He is still a master sleeper. His daytime naps last two to four hours and he sleeps for 12 hours straight every night. I think that Simon has woken me up during my natural sleep cycle maybe 7 times since he was 2 weeks old, I love this kid!
He’s had his medical ups and downs, but that rarely ever swayed him from being the sweetest, happiest little guy you will ever meet. He is very laid back and eager to please. He smiles incessantly and just makes you feel warm and cozy being in the same room as him. He’s still obsessed with his toes and is frequently doing all in his power to keep his feet near his head.
Here are some pics and videos from my phone. Apparently I’m too lazy to get out our fatty camera as often these days.
Here are some cute, current videos I took of simon this week. Look how different he looks now verses a few weeks back like the last video in my previous post!





3 comments:
what a sweet little guy! yes, i have heard everyone isn't as good as documenting with the 2nd child... i keep telling everyone i won't be that way but i fear i will do it too! :) good posts though even if they are fewer and further between :)
That's one adorable baby!
He is getting to be a big boy...soon he will be practicing the art of Sumo wrestling.
Post a Comment