Saturday, May 26, 2007

Ode to Oblivian

      Here's a pic of Sam before he shaved off his vacation beard so he could start off at Exxon. This was also the peak of our Guitar Hero days of glory, so I thought I'd include it:

      So, our gaming emphasis has moved from Guitar Hero to Oblivian. Holy crap is that just the coolest game I've ever played. We can't get enough of it. Guitar Hero is still cool and all, but we are rather one-track type of gamers... and Oblivian has our attention currently.
      Kevin and Candace and their kids came over today to see our new place. They even took some time to play guitar hero and oblivian with us (we don't have ANY toys or things for kids to do, so we resorted to flashy colors on the TV screen to entertain them). The kids insisted on playing guitar hero, so we let them help out.

      It was a pretty fun afternoon, his kids are adorable. His middle boy, Jeremy, is 3 and has hearing problems so he doesn't speak as clearly as other kids his age. I must say- it is the cutest, most endearing quality. He has this precious little voice that would totally be worthy of voicing the cutest of cartoon characters. He is also a master of puzzles- I mean check this out, the kid is 3 and he put this puzzle together for the first time when I was over there. I figured he had done it so many times he had it memorized so that's why he could do it so quickly. But nope- it was his first time and he is just that good at puzzles. Needless to say, I am impressed.
Kevin's kids are all cute and so fun. It's great getting to know them.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

That IS seriously impressive. I would struggle with that puzzle the first time. I'm glad you guys had fun.

The Hills... said...

I've always wanted to play guitar hero, but never admitted it! My dad plays guitar and I've wished he would have taught me how. I think my fingers are too short and stubby to really play!?

kevandcan said...

Thanks for letting us come over. It was great seeing your pad and letting my kids play your way cool setup.