
Sunday, October 21, 2007
On a literary note:
I stopped reading the harry potter books after I saw movie 3 because the movie sucked times ten. I had read book 1 and 2, and those movies were basically the books, so when I saw movie 3, I figured the book must suck as bad as the movie did, and my harry potter interest (which never was too strong) died instantly. I did, however, have plenty of time on my hands while laying out or working out this summer, so I decided to listen to all of the Harry Potter books straight through. Book 3 wound up being one of my favorites, which made the movie suck just that much more. I actually quite enjoyed all of the books and though I do not think they should go in the British canon of great and meaningful writing, they are fun books and I'm glad they have inspired an interest in reading that hasn't been prevalent for 20+ years. Once I decided I wanted to own the books, my family all chipped in and pre-ordered this Harry Potter set from amazon.com for me for my birthday in June. It was finally released this last week and the set arrived on Thursday. It's quite a nice set and I'm glad I waited to buy any books until they could all come in a matching set.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hooray for matching book sets! So pretty...
Book three is my favorite too, followed by book four. I also hated movie three.
Very nice! I have all the books too, but only books 1-4 have a cool case. So jealous of you!
That's a pretty sweet box set!
If you need a new Epic Series to start on, have you read the Dark Tower Series by Stephen King? By FAR my fave series ever. The problem is that while the true "Dark Tower Series" of books only covers 7 books. However the problem is that Mr King has added pieces of the DT story in over a dozen of his other novels and a handful of other short stories. I've read the series about 5 times and I STILL learn something new every time, or I read a non-related book and go "Oh! That's talking about Roland!"
It will consume you.
Post a Comment