Tuesday, October 09, 2007

17 inch haircut!

      Since I decided to grow my hair out in 2000 (after it being really really short), I have only gotten 1-3 inches cut off my hair twice a year. This last weekend I decided I was fed up with long hair, and that though it was very pretty... it was also very boring and quite a nuisance. You know your hair is too long when:
      1. It gets caught in doors behind you after you walk through.
      2. No matter how careful you are, the seatbelt always rolls your hair up in it and pulls it out.
      3. When you sleep at night, your husband can be 2 feet away from you, but still manage to roll over on it- causing you to no longer be able to move freely.
      4. Your pony tail could actually be mistaken for a real pony's tail.
      5. You've looked essentially the same in every picture taken of you for the last 4 years.
      So that's that! I decided to cut it off and donate it to locks of love (a donation charity group that makes wigs for cancer patients). The minimum requirement is 10 inches, so I'm imagining that they'll be quite happy with my 15 inch donation. When it's all said and done, a full 17 inches was cut from my hair.
      I was really nervous (sam was too) but we both LOVE the result. I got it done at Studio 210 on center street in Orem and she did EXACTLY what I was hoping she would. My hair color's completely natural right now, and I was afraid that I'd lose a lot of blonde by cutting of the blondest part. But it still looks plenty blonde, so I'm glad I won't have to start dyeing it- that's a vicious cycle. So other than having a freaked out head and a very cold neck, I'm totally stoked about my new fun hair.
      First things first, we went over to show chris and cindy's to show it off and chris volunteered to do a photoshoot to capture the new cut in all its glory. I had been tossling it around and it hasn't been styled yet in these pics, but you can see the general idea.


Looks a bit morbid like this, doesn't it? It looks like I had a bad run in with an aggressive Indian from the 1700s.

It's still wet here, so it looks way dark. I have a strange combination of very fine, thin individual strands of hair, but I have a gabillion of them, so it's really thick. All the girls at the salon were passing around my queue commenting on how crazy thick my hair is for how thin my individual strands are.
Yeah, I have no idea what my husband's doing here. It is hilarious looking though.
I was feeling fat...

9 comments:

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

wow LORI I LOVE it. congrats on the big decision. I hope you are still happy with the results. you look hot!!

Jenn said...

Hooray! I think it looks great. You do know you got all of the "happy hair" genes, right? :)

Anonymous said...

you look like you are falling fully into motherhood. The first thing to go is the hair.

eric and melea said...

cute! I think it looks great- I can't beleive how long your hair was.

The Hills... said...

WOW!!! I'm so shocked! What a huge change! I like it though! I'm planning on doing the same when we go to Asia next summer!

By the way, what are you guys doing this weekend? Do you want to have dinner with us?

Lance said...

Woah. I don't think I've had more than 1.7 inches of hair cut off. Except maybe when I got my "bowl" haircut finally killed.

kevandcan said...

You look great, Lori

Faloopa Jones said...

Snaps! Your hair looks great! With your new cut and Sam's glasses, you two could start an Indie Band! See, girls don't have to be ugly to be in an indie band (so you are safe) and married couples also are exempt from the ugly rule. Apparently I'm ugly enough to be in the band though, so if you need a bass player, let me know!

VoNique said...

Your hair looks great! Did you donate it?