Saturday, October 20, 2007

Ode to Becky

      I want to give a shout out to my sister becky. We weren't friends growing up, in fact I'd dare to say that she hated me. I don't recall really not liking her, apart from the fact that she hated me- but I honestly don't hold her harsh feelings toward me against her. I would have been a hard younger sister to have, always the center of attention and doing my best to show others up. After I turned 19, we finally had a big, strongly-worded discussion/fight and I think we finally put all of our demons to rest. Since then, she has been my best friend (husbands aside) and I'm really grateful to have her in my life. I'd be totally lost in my pregnancy without her to go to with all of my random questions and queries. She's fun too, because she lets me draw on her when she's pregnant. Like here for instance (this is in 2001):


Here, I am drawing funny dialog bubbles so it looked like her baby was talking out of her belly button (and yes, that is permanent pen). One time, I was watching their 5 month old son and they were 4 hours late picking him up. So, with my extra time, I decided to draw designs all over his little baby body as an art project. He seemed to enjoy the experience, and I did too. I put all of his clothes back on so no one could tell... and my sister and her husband got a funny surprise when they got home and changed him into his jammies. Honestly, there's probably something unethical about my behavior in retrospect, but it was freaking hilarious at the time, and I'm glad Becky plays along with my strange art tendencies. She is now pregnant with her 4th child and looking ever so cute:


Look how cute her family is (this is from last christmas)


      I know that few of you who read this blog actually know my sister or care what her cute family is- but I did happen to post a horribly bad picture of her on my blog a few weeks ago, so I thought she deserved a good representation.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Your hair looks so brown, Lori! It's cool.

Danielle said...

I love your sister, too. And I always thought you were pretty cool when I hung out your house, even if Becky didn't think so!

Becky said...

For the record, I didnt hate you. I just didnt fit in well with our family.
Im glad we are best friends. Now if we could get you back to T mobile so we can talk for hours again.

Jenn said...

Becky is indeed pretty cool. And very cute pregnant! It's great having the source of all pregnancy knowledge in our family.