She must love me tons because there have been a couple of nights already when she's slept nearly 7 hours straight during the night. She has a pretty regular night time schedule so far, so it's nice that we can more or less plan when she'll need to eat and when she'll sleep. She sleeps with me in bed some of the time, but in general she sleeps in her bassinet next to our bed.
Feeding continues to go really well. She's never had anything other than breastmilk and she seems to be quite the eating champ. She gets a bit more playful at night time and enjoys playing around instead of eating- but other than that, we're both doing quite well with the whole arrangement. I'm still trying to figure out how to discretely feed her in public, but I'm not too good at it yet. Modesty definitely seems to be more trouble than its worth when it comes to feeding an infant.
As for her temperament, she's very chill and happy. She makes the cutest faces all the time, and she definitely loves to play with her hands. She also loves to have her arms over her head as much as possible. She's only ever actually cried for longer than 40 seconds two times: one during her first bath, the other when her diaper was getting changed and she was too cold. Usually she just makes some squeaky noises to let us know it's time to eat or if her diaper needs to be changed. During the day she sleeps for 2-4 hours, then is awake and bright-eyed and looks around and cuddles with us for an hour or two.
She's still pretty small and doesnt fit into normal 0-3 month outfits yet. My mom was way nice and bought her a few more newborn onesies so she'd have more than 3 outfits that fit. She looks so cute in everything she wears, I have a hard time not doing daily photoshoots.
I just love her with my whole heart and she makes me so happy and proud. My days are spent staring at her, petting her head, and telling her how fabulous she is. Sam is still being the perfect husband and father. He's so cute with her and I can tell that Addie totally loves her daddy. He's way sweet about changing diapers and holding the baby or doing things for me while I'm holding her; he just makes me so happy.
Though we already have more pics that aren't up yet, I did manage to put up a new album of pics on the picasa page, here are some of the highlights:


Her fussy face.


Her first bath, look how tiny she is!




Sam with little lady.


3 comments:
She's so adorable!! We want to come by sometime and see her and you guys!
I am so happy to hear that everything is still going so good. I can't believe how tiny she is!! Sam looks so proud holding her. Yea for happy babies!! I love seeing new posts from the Burkmans! So much cuteness it hurts!! lol.
what a good little girl! I cant wait till I can meet her.
Post a Comment