Everything continues to go optimally well. She only wakes up once or twice most nights and I wouldnt be surprised if she starts sleeping longer than 7 hours straight soon. She still sleeps in our bed with us half of the time, but that's really just because she seems so lonely in her bassinet by herself.
She's definitely awake more during the day and is more aware of what's going on around her. If she's well-fed, she enjoys playing on the floor and attempting to roll and whatnot, but mostly she cuddles with me or sam the majority of the time. She really doesnt have any tricks to perform yet, but we're working on it.
She's still only ever had breastmilk and hasnt even used a bottle or anything yet- so I'm going to pump a bottle for her and we're going to introduce her to that this week. She did well when we gave her a pacifier for the first time last friday, so here's hoping she likes the bottle okay.
So, I feel the need to apologize that our blog's going to be rather dull for the next few months; we really don't do anything too exciting anymore. We just stay here at home and stare at our little angel baby. Other than sharing cute pics, I doubt there will be much fun blogging content due to our rather "unhappening" lifestyle. Luckily, Chris and Cindy knew that we probably weren't making any effort to spice things up- so they offered to babysit addie last weekend so we could go see a movie and get out just me and sam for a bit. We saw ironman and totally loved it, and addie seemed to do just dandy with us not around (that or chris lied so we wouldn't feel bad).
In case anyone was wondering, my picasa album will only include the current month's pictures. Once a month is complete, all of its pics will be put into our web albums page at TheBurkmans.com. There's a quick link to it in the right hand column of the blog. If you want to see any of april's pictures, they're already there. Anyway, here are this week's pics:
Look how pudgy her face is getting!

Here she is smiling in her sleep:



I started running for 45 minutes daily now in an effort to lose the rest of my baby weight. Here's how addie looked all bundled up in her rain-proofed stroller:



3 comments:
Baby stories and pictures are hardly boring and dull to me! I love seeing updates! I can't believe she is 4 weeks alread - Isn't it amazing how much they change in just a short amount of time? She is a doll!
I have to second what Danielle said...I LOVE hearing all the cute little stories of babies firsts and such. Don't think we are bored of hearing it! We don't get to sit at home with you and Sam and stare at your precious little girl, so we need lots of details!! lol. She is so cute! I looks so cuddly right now! With you running each day, I bet those stubborn baby pounds will fall right off! Good Job Lori!
My friend gave me a hard time the other day saying I don't blog cause I only put pictures and little paragraphs up, but it is alot of work to get free hand to sit and do that! Personally I love to see the pictures more anyways!
Post a Comment