Friday, April 10, 2009

Accolades for Adelaide

So Addie's first steps on her own were March 8th at Chris and Cindy's house. Though we were very proud of her efforts that evening, we decided to wait to count her as a walker until she could do the following:
  1. Stand and be sturdy without holding on to anything else.
  2. Initiate her own steps from standing position.
  3. Consistently take 3 or more steps at a time.
She still leans a bit when she gets to her destination, but other than that, I think her walking skills finally meet our previously-defined requirements to be considered "real steps". That being said, here's Addie in action:

Addie's a big Led Zeppelin fan and she asked if I wouldn't mind adding "Immigrant Song" to her walking video. I've got to appease my sweet Addie, so I put in some extra time to make her video sufficiently hardcore.

You can click on the "expand" option in the lower right-hand side to see it full screen. If your connection won't support the fatty HD version, I posted a lower-quality version here.

Then here's another video; this one's of addie playing peekaboo. This isn't nearly as big of an accomplishment as walking, but it sure is cute!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

I like the reworking of the video. Well done

eric and melea said...

She is so cute. Walking is over-rated though really, it just leads to running and climbing and falling :)

Becky said...

That is an awesome walking video. The music makes it an 11.

merrilykaroly said...

I don't think walking is overrated :) I think it's so exciting! (maybe I will eat my words later)

GOOOOOO ADELAIDE!!!!!! And way to appreciate good music at such a young age.

kevandcan said...

Great video, Lori. Can't wait to see the cute girl in a few months.