Monday, April 27, 2009

Graduated!!!

Graduation day went SOOOOO well! It was a long, crazy day- but a good one for sure. The coolest news of graduation day is that we found out that Sam graduated with "Honors of High Distinction" from the Marriott Graduate School. That's comparable to an undergrad Summa Cum Laude. I am SOOOOOOO proud of him! I seriously can't believe that I married someone who graduated with honors of high distinction from 5th most prestigious business school in the nation- how stinkin' cool is that?! It makes my 3.6 gpa undergrad degree look rather puny in comparison, lol.

Two funny-in-retrospect mishaps did take place on graduation day though:

1) Because I have been nursing Addie for her full first year, I hadn't gotten my period back yet (that's right, it's been since july of 2007 since I had a period *I know you all wanted to know that, lol*). So on friday, we sit down to eat lunch at Goodwood to celebrate graduation and Addie's first birthday and bam! I got sneak-attacked totally unprepared! Luckily, a nice woman in the lady's room was able to bail me out with the needed supplies before any embarrassing damage was done. For real though, what are the odds of THAT happening to me right then... yeesh!

2) Of course I insisted on getting pictures at graduation despite the crappy weather and the late hour that graduation ended (around 8pm). We shot almost all of the pictures in RAW format for higher quality. Then yesterday, I imported all of the pictures and deleted them so we could use that SD card to take some more pics. We got home, and I realized that only 3 jpeg images imported! None of the nice pictures done in RAW format imported to my computer, and I had already deleted the entire card and taken new pics on it. Seriously, it left me with one pic of me and sam in front of the marriot building, and 2 pics of me and Sam with Cassie and Kent. All of the pics of him graduating and all of the family pics were GONE!!! I seriously almost cried! I spent the entire weekend totally bummed and mad at myself for deleting all of the pics from one of the most important days in our lives. Luckily, Sam was able to use a deletion recovery program to redeem about 20 pics today though- so at LEAST we have those now!

So with that said, here are the pics!








And here are some pics of us as a graduated family at the mural in the Wilkinson center on BYU campus:




The rest of the graduation weekend pics are at the photo album.

13 comments:

Becky said...

Yay for recovered pictures! I love addie. I might need to steal her.

Anonymous said...

she is a dang cute little cheerleader! congratulations on graduation! when bryce graduated last year i was 7 days away from claire's due date, though she was then 3 days late, and needless to say, i was enormous and uncomfortable, and we have NO good photos of the day. :( so i enjoyed seeing yours!

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

man those are great pictures!! i love your dress too. you look smokin' where can i get one of those?

Miller Family said...

Oh man, Addie is the cutest cheerleader! I'm glad you got some of your pictures back, that would be a bad event to not have pictures of. So when is the big move? Once your settled we will have to make a trip to the Seattle area to visit!!

Linda said...

Sam - big fat CONGRATS! to you...very well done. But, Addie takes the cake once again in best picture category as a cheerleader!

Danielle said...

Could your family get any cuter?!?! Great photos (as usual) - I'm glad they could be recovered! That is one cute cheerleader, and, if I see correctly, one very cute pair of red shoes on you! Oh yes, and most importantly - Congratulations Graduate!

Nicole said...

SUCH awesome photos! So glad they were recovered!!! Congrats to you both on the graduation!! And Addie is absolutely darling! LOVE her. ;) where oh where did you get that dress?? You look amazing!

kevandcan said...

Congratulations Sam! That is outstanding news on your graduation with honors. Best of luck as you move to Seattle and start work, but enjoy the time off before your life is owned "by the man." :-)

Jenn said...

I'm completely jealous of your making it a full year- can't tell you how many "bam" experiences I've had in the last three months. (hey, you started the TMI:))
Glad you got your pics back; you got some really good ones.

Alan and Kiersten said...

ok first of all, CONGRATS to SAM! wow, that is so awesome. what a brilliant guy! second of all, addie in that cheerleader outfit is PRICELESS. absolutely the best picture! love that girl. those rolls on her legs are to die for!

eric and melea said...

More cheerleaders should have those thighs!!

Chelsy said...

Good thing you married someone with "Honors of High Distinction" skills or those pictures may never have been recovered! haha! I'm sure someone out there who just plain old graduated, and made the same mistake as you, is still mourning the loss! :o)

Chris Kline said...

Congrats on making it to the end. It's a long haul, for sure. You guys are up for an amazing adventure, now. Good luck in your move.