





The rest of the pics can be seen on the web album.
I realized I hadn't done an overall update with addie in a while, so here's what's new in Addieland:
- She has started drinking cow's milk!!! This is just her second week and she's already drinking about 15 ounces a day. She LOVES her new trick of drinking like a big girl and I'm thrilled it's going as well as it is. She hasn't had any tummy issues at all with it, so it looks like all lights are green for cow's milk in sippy cups. You can totally tell that she thinks that drinking completely on her own is way cool. I'm still going to keep her morning and evening nursing for a while, but during the day- she's drinking like a big girl.
- We are using up our last stocks of baby food and after that addie will be 100% on big people food. I've held onto baby food for a bit longer than I had to simply because I love the convenience of it. Addie eats 7-10 oz of babyfood in under 5 minutes and there's virtually no mess at all. Big people food though, I have to prepare it, then it takes her a while to eat it, and then I have to clean up whatever got smeared, flung, or dropped during her self-feeding attempts. She's actually very good at feeding herself, but eating straight off the tray isn't ever mess-free. I finally realized though that I need to just suck it up and take the time to 1) prepare her meals of normal food and 2) clean up whatever mess it makes when she's done. I guess that really I should just be happy that she is so willing to eat different things.
- We're taking swim classes! They're just to get her acquainted with the water, but they're a really fun way to get out and do something cool and different for addie. She LOVES them. She kicks, claps, splashes, and squeals with delight the whole time. They're MWF, 10:30-11am and we're taking them with baby josh, adele, my sister-in-law cindy, and my nephew carter.
- She's all about waving, giving kisses, shaking her head back and forth, pulling shirts over her own face to play peekaboo, clapping, and talking constantly. She is so playful, anything and everything is fun if addie's around.
- She has 6 teeth now: 4 on the top and 2 on the bottom. She has 2 more coming in on the bottom, but they haven't cut yet.
- Her sleeping is still about the same. She goes to bed at 9:30, sleeps until 7 am for a quick nursing breakfast, then goes right back to sleep until 10am or so. Sometimes she sleeps the full 12 or 13 hours straight, but she usually wakes up for breakfast. She takes 2 naps a day, both of which are about 2 hours long.
- She's starting to really mimic words and it's totally exciting. Hearing her attempt to say real words and nearly saying them right is honestly the cutest thing ever for us to hear.
- She's still only taking about 4 steps on her own, but she is taking them completely of her own volition now (without me asking her to walk for mommy), and she is standing on her own all of the time. She thinks she's rather fancy.


6 comments:
So much fanciness! Way cute pics, and lots of neat tricks.
How fun! I started Lexi on cow's milk a few weeks ago to introduce it. She didn't love it at first, but now she is liking it more and more. I just cut during the day feedings and was just doing am and pm feedings with her for the last week. I think that helped rather than going cold turkey. She's gotten used to falling asleep w/o nursing (even though she doesn't always fall asleep nursing, she still sees it as a cue for sleeping). Anyway, tonight is the first time I've not done the pm feeding...she cried a little, but not too bad. We'll see how it goes for the next day or two. I'm actually a little bit sad to give it up. I was actually so used to it and kind of looked forward to it. Let me know how the weening goes.
Yay for cows milk! Maybe you can finally get pregnant sooner then you were thinking!
yay for fancy miss addles
Amazing that your grass is so green already. We are still brown, brown, brown.
my fave picture is still the country-girl-straw-in-the-mouth one. :)
Post a Comment