Until now, Addie's always used something else to get into standing position. She usually plays in the office or in the living room, so she has plenty of things nice and close to pull up on and stand from there. She only needed a toy that was 4 inches tall to give her the extra boost to stand up on her own, but she definitely couldnt get into standing by herself... that is until yesterday. We were at the park and addie decided she wasnt very keen on crawling on the grass, but there also wasn't anything nearby that she could use get into standing position. So what did she do? She elephant crawled around for a little bit, then got frustrated and managed to get into standing position on her own for the first time ever. It took her about 20 seconds of trying, then bam! She was standing and walking over to the ball she wanted to play with. Luckily I had my camera with me and was able to get a quick video of her showing off her new skill right afterward. It was just CRAZY how quickly she learned.
I've gotta admit, I'm freaking out a bit. I can't handle her growing up and changing so fast. I just can't. She is too big, and too unbaby-ish and I am ever so sad to know that I wont ever get to hold baby addie again. I was watching the videos of her as a newborn yesterday and it just melts my heart. I'm so excited for her and very proud... but the sappy mommy in me is already getting nostalgic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
OMG OMG OMG!!! I love her VICTORY dance she does. You know what I'm talking about!!! That's too funny!!!
She looks so proud of herself!
yay for tickly grass! addie gets the job done.
Holy cow, Adderspotatters is getting so big! Im so excited to see you guys in a month!
Okay, that's just awesome!! she is so cute and I love her little happy dance. Wow... crazy how fast they grow, huh. It's the weirdest feeling to be so exctied for them to grow, but so sad you don't have a baby anymore. She is just so cute!!!
Post a Comment