Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy birthday to our sweet Adelaide!!!

Hooray for Addie, she is a whole year old as of right now!!! This blog is posting at 6:09 am, the exact minute she entered our lives a year ago (entire birth story here). I honestly can't describe how incredibly amazing and wonderful having Addie in our lives has been. I seriously am going to cry thinking about it. From the day she was born, she has been the funnest, sweetest, most well-mannered, and happiest baby. I kept waiting for all of the hard times or phases to come, but Addie has continued to be her happy little self from day one and I feel incredibly spoiled and grateful. She is the biggest blessing we've ever received and I just can't believe she's already one. Sam and I love her with our whole hearts and will never stop thanking the lord for sending her to us. So to my dearest Adders Potadders, Ladybug, AdelaideHeeHoo (as said with a swedish yodel), Madame Addington, Adelady, and little Addiegator... Sam and I wish you a VERY happy birthday and we hope you'll always know how much your parents love you!!!

I would post pics of her through her stages, but I know I couldnt choose few enough to fit in one blog. All of my favorite pics of her are included in the slideshow of addie in the sidebar though, so please go look at her gallery and remember how cute and little she was!

For Addie's record...

Here are her stats:

Addie is currently 29.5 inches and 23 pounds. She has 4 teeth on top, 2 on the bottom with 2 more bottom teethies cutting through as we speak!

And here are her milestones from the past year:
  • First real smiles when responding to us: 5 weeks old
  • Stopped needing to be swaddled or use a binky: Middle of June, 8 weeks old
  • Learned to roll over onto her back: End of July, 3 months old
  • First real baby laugh: August 3rd, 3.5 months old
  • Could sit up on her own: Mid-September, 4.5 months old
  • Could stand alone while holding onto the ottoman: First week of October, 5 months old
  • Roll onto her tummy: October 1st, 5 months old
  • Ate babyfood for the first time: October 7th, 5 months 1 week
  • Started to army crawl: October 8th, 5.5 months old
  • First words of "mom": October 14th, 5.5 months old
  • Started to 4-legs crawl: October 24th, 6 months old
  • Could get into sitting up position on her own: First week of November, 6 months old
  • Graduated from her infant carseat: November 11th, 6.5 months old
  • Got her first tooth: Mid-november, 7.5 months old
  • Pull herself into standing position: First week of December, 7 months old
  • Started to clap: First week of january, 8 months old
  • Started walking along furniture: First week of january, 8 months old
  • Took her first steps with her walker: End of february, 9 months old
  • Started using a sippy cup: End of february, 9 months old
  • First steps: March 8th, 10.5 months old
  • Became a "walker": First week of april, 11 months old
  • Could get into standing without any assistance from people or furniture: First week of april, 11 months old
  • Started drinking milk: First week of april, 11 months old
  • Stopped nursing during the day: April 14th, 11.5 months old


We had her birthday party last night because we'll be so busy with graduation today there wouldn't be any time. Those in attendance at her party (thanks so much for coming!) were: Sam's parents, his brother Chris and fam, his sister Cassie, our good friends Ben & Brenae, Ericka (with Emma and Jacob), and our BFFs: the Karoly family. Here are my favorite pics of the party:

Here's our fantastic ladybug cake (chelsy rocks!). The body was chocolate with fresh raspberry fruit filling, and the rest of it was yellow cake with chocolate pudding filling. All of the frosting is butter cream.














Addie with her friend jacob and her boyfriend baby josh:


And for the full circle effect, here are Ericka, me, and Adele in march (6, 7, and 8 months pregnant):


And here we were at her 1st birthday party!


Believe it or not, there are TONS more pics on our April album, go check it out!

13 comments:

Jenn said...

That cake is AWESOME! Well done, Chelsy. Congrats on year number one Addie, you truly are a marvelous baby.

Chelsy said...

Thanks Jen! And thanks for asking me to make it Lori...it will be a nice addition to the portfolio! :o)

Sorry I missed the party...I was up late finishing a cake (haha) and was all tuckered out after work.

Happy Birthday Addie!

Becky said...

I love the pic of her standing in her presents. Big high five to Chelsey!

Kris and Megan said...

love the cake!! and I must say my favorite nickname of hers has to be "ADELAIDE-HEE-HOO!" SO FUNNY!! Happy Birthday to Addie!

Our Paper Plates said...

Yay for Addie! Feliz cumpleaƱos! :) And yeah, the cake did look awesome! I love your photos - you are an awesome photographer!

Phoenix Fiber Arts said...

Okay...I'm crying...lol. She's not even my child. lol. I can't believe it has already been a year since I was eagerly reading your blog in anticipation of Addies arrival. As your friend I love seeing how much Addie has blessed your life and shaped your character. You are a wonderful, beautiful mother, and I'm so proud of you! Happy 1st Birthday Addie: You are such a beautiful baby and sweet from the inside out! God bless you in everything you set out to do! BTW: That cake is genius! Love ya Loriloo!

Chris said...

Yay for Addie's birthday! We need to make sure to get some cute pics of the cousins before you guys move.

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday, sweet little one year old!

The Hills... said...

Happy, happy birthday Addie! Can't believe you are a year old! Wish we could have been there.

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Addie!!! You just wait..this next year will be EVEN BETTER!!
Her party looks like a blast and that cake, WOW!! I am so impressed! Wish we could have come. I did clap very loudly when Sam walked across the stage. ;)

merrilykaroly said...

Happy happy birthday, Addie dear. She really is a sweetheart. The perfect baby, to be exact.

And I love the distinction between Jacob who is her "friend" and jr. who is her "boyfriend." hehe.

I love the pics on the album of the three of them together... they are too hilarious.

eric and melea said...

Happy 1st birthday!!! I'm so happy for you guys. Now its time for another right?!?!

Linda said...

Wow, that cake is amazing! I haven't ever seen one so outstanding!Happy 1st Birthday Addie! Love Gma