So this last weekend was Sam and my 10 year HS reunion. I hit 38 weeks on sunday, so it was a really tough call on whether or not we were going to make the 3 hour trip down or not. After lots of consideration, we decided on Thursday night not to go. Though I’m not entirely intimidated by a car birth or having to give birth randomly at some hospital far away while travelling, I really don’t like the idea of having to spend any of my post-partum time anywhere that would require travelling to get home. Sam full-heartedly agreed that having the baby anywhere other than renton would NOT be fun, so we opted to stay.
But then I woke up on Friday morning in a very “I’m not going to have a baby today” mood, so I called Sam at 11am and asked him if it was okay if we went. He said that we should, so I packed us right up and we left at 2pm. Of course, just our luck, they’re doing construction on 1-5 so instead of 2.5 hours, it took us over 4.5 hours to get there. I was feeling okay though, so it was just annoying more than anything.
The reunion had a different activity each day (fri/sat/sun) and we went to each. Friday night was a low-key social at a local fun center called Big Al’s. It was SUPER fun! I couldn’t believe how many people were there and it was just a great night. I didn’t realize how many people I truly missed and how much fun it would be to talk with them. I felt a little silly being SO big and pregnant, but it is what it is. People thought it was fantastic that we were there though and were more than complimentary about how great I look for being hugely preggy.
Saturday night was the main event. I was glad we went on friday night though, because there were a lot of people who went to that but not the main event on saturday. Of course, we didnt bring a camera on friday so we missed getting pics of those friends, but here are a few of the ones we took on saturday night:
Melea was one of my main best friends from 7th-12th grade, we go way back. She’s a doula now and promised to birth my baby if needed during the festivities :)
Here I am with my good friends Court and Brian. I didn’t realize how much I missed Court and how fun it would be to talk with him again: 
Here’s a boy I didn’t know very well in High School, but he was sure fun to talk to at the reunion and catch up with. Apparently his wife is pregnant, and they have a very cute two year old girl: 
Here’s a pic with some of my favorite friends that I hadn’t seen in ages. Hooray for HS reunions! Here are Jill, Court, me, Melea, Katie, Eric, and Travis:
Kim Patton in the first pic, then Mikey Rhyasen in the next: 

I know, I know… Don’t you all wish that you could be ready-to-pop pregnant at your reunion? Isn’t that a fancy look? Bleh… I’m still glad we went though.
Here are some pics of addie with Katie and Melea’s boys at the Sunday Family Picnic:

I don’t know why people down-play HS reunions, like you’re lame if you want to go or think it’d be fun to hang out with your high school friends. I had an absolute blast and I didn’t realize just how many people I missed and how fun it would be to see them again. I’m SUPER happy we made the trip down, and I’m even happier that the baby decided to stay put for us :)



6 comments:
I can't believe it's been 10 years! Glad you decided to make the trek. I didn't go to my high school reunion - my college town holds way more special memories for me than MVHS ever did. So I did make the 7.5 hour trek to Pullman while 37 weeks pregnant for some nostalgia. I was in fear I'd deliver in a wheat field. I'm glad you didn't have to deliver on I-5! I keep checking back to see if the "big post" is here yet...I'm thinking of you!
I'm so glad you went. My 10 year reunion was a blast and you're right, it's good to remember the great friends we had in HS. Can't wait to see you in a week!
I forgot to say in my last post - I LOVE Big Al's! It's so fun. Justin and I are planning on going to the next reunion, and I'm hoping the planners do something there, too! And I love your skirt - it's very cute!
I can't say I loved my high school reunion...but it was very interesting to see where everyone was at in their lives. Anyway, looks like yours was very fun. Good luck in the coming days/weeks before adding another baby to the clan.
I have a feeling your high school reunion was way classier than mine will be.
The guy you didn't know very well in high school looks vaguely familiar... just can't quite place him. His wife is super cute though.
I knew you wouldn't have a reunion baby... your lil guy is coming on the 27th, remember?
I loved my HS reunion last summer. I was just showing pregnant with Lauren, I was hoping that people realized I was pregnant and not fat :-). I'm pretty sure they wouldn't confuse your condition for fat. I'm glad you got to go to yours. We went to Big Al's once when we were visiting Eric's sister in Portland. Fun times.
Post a Comment