Friday, July 30, 2010

Our new family

     I’m sorry that my former post didn’t include any first pics of our family. I only had so much time to upload and publish things while at the hospital. Here are some of our first individual shots:




Here are some shots we got of all of us that my mom took on her camera:




Here’s my wonderful mom, who took care of Addie while we were held hostage at the hospital:

     Addie and my mom came to see us twice our first day at the hospital. It was THE COOLEST MOMENT EVER to watch Addie meet Simon for the first time. Seriously, it just melts my heart every time she’s around him. She loves him SOOOOO much, it’s like they’ve always known each other and that her little life wasn’t complete until he finally caught up with her down here on earth.
     Here are the videos we got of the big moment:

Here she is seeing us and him for the first time:



In this one, we totally thought that she would think that there was still a baby in my tummy, but also a baby outside too. We really didn’t think she’d realize that it was the same baby we’d always been talking about- but she knew!!!



In this one, she was just super cute by instantly showing us all about Simon. This is her new favorite thing to do, to point to his nose, then her nose, then his hand, and her hand… she does it ALL the time and I just love it:

10 comments:

Jenn said...

K, I adore the initial tentative poke-poke-poke and her excitement to hold him. I'm happy she figured out the baby-belly situation so quickly. Daniel loved watching the videos. Very informative.

Shelly Cunningham said...

You are killing me here! She is just too sweet with her brother... It's official: I have to have another baby!

Rebecca said...

I love them! It is so sweet to see little ones excited about babies. It's funny how careful we are with babies, and how flippant kids are with them--I can't count how many times I've heard my sister tell her daughter, "Be soft with the baby!" But babies are tough--I guess they have to be. :)

Anonymous said...

wow, addie is SO gorgeous! and what a total cutie meeting her brother, she's going to be a HUGE helper and a great big sister.

Heather said...

Such fun pics & videos, Lori. I love seeing the sibling reactions. :) BTW, Addy looks so much like BOTH you and Sam--it's amazing to see the combination of the two of you in her face. (Even between two different pictures she looks like you & then Sam!)

Kristin said...

Very cute! Addie is so sweet with Simon! Congratulations!

merrilykaroly said...

Oh, Lori. Your family is so beautiful!

That first black and white picture of Addie and Simon is priceless. She is so beautiful! So sweet.

And the black and white one of you holding him is sooo precious.

I love how in that last video, before you unwrap him, his little fingers are curled around the blanket... what a little sweetie!!!

Danielle said...

Beautiful pictures - and what a great big sister!

kevandcan said...

Congrats on a beautiful family!

Alan and Kiersten said...

ok those videos are the cutest things ever! so happy for you guys! it's so exciting to finally see mr. simon! he's pretty blasted adorable! love you girl.