Monday, October 02, 2006

Ode to conference weekend

This last weekend was my favorite weekend since school started I do believe. It was so nice to be able to spend all of my time with my wonderful husband. On Friday night we went out to dinner at Bajio, then we came home and rented Garden State. Sam hadn’t seen it and it is one of my favorite movies. Then Sam had to work 10-3 on Saturday during which time I decided to rearrange our furniture in our office and our bedroom. My parents bought me this great Ijoy massage chair after I got home from my mission, and we never were able to find it a good place in our new apartment. It wound up being stuck in the corner of the office in a rather awkward spot and we never could use it there. So I decided on Saturday that I was going to find a way to free it from its captivity and find room for it in our bedroom. I totally pulled my back while moving all of the furniture, but I was able to successfully free the Ijoy chair and find it a great place in our room. I actually really prefer how our room looks now over how it was before. Isn’t it so annoying to live somewhere thinking everything is where it should be, then one day you move things around and realize that it could have been better that whole time? Well—I’m just glad I didn’t take any longer before getting the guts up to move everything.

So once Sam came home we watched the second half of Saturday conference, then we went shopping and went out to eat at Noodles, one of our favorite restaurants. Great, cheap noodly goodness. Then that evening, Jen and Kenny came over and we watched one of Jen and my favorite movies, Harold and Maude. Great cult classic. Kind of strange, but the boys enjoyed it thoroughly. Then Sunday was the best because we got to sleep in however long we wanted to (we have a DVR, so we record shows and watch them later; thus allowing us to sleep in on conference Sunday), then we just sat around in our underwear watching conference all day. Sam made me some pancakes to start the day off right too, he is so sweet. I thought conference rocked. It was the most I had enjoyed conference since I got to watch it in the MTC. Powerful, well-thought talks. It was just so fun to spend down time with Sam and share our thoughts about what was being said. I give the whole experience a 10. Anyway, that is the news with us—if that counts as news.

Thanks for leaving comments guys, I really like reading them. It makes me feel more validated in writing the blog. I didn’t know that my blog settings were set for members only, so I changed that option and now anyone can leave me a comment (and yes, that is a request as much as it is an FYI).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you rock!

Linda said...

Your Mommy even read your blog! I agree, we LOVED conference weekend. WE lounged in bed until 11 watching it, then watched teh great movie about Sisterz in Zion , took a shower, and then watched more. I loved Elder Bednar's talk - straight and to the point. Love you! M

Becky said...

ummm, I think I got to watch a session of confernce. So hard when you have little kids. Im glad you enjoyed it though.
I went to womens conference for the first time ever this year and I actually got alot out of it.