Sunday, October 22, 2006

October Awards

We saw The Prestige (new movie with Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, & Michael Caine) last night. I have decided to give it the award of "most worth-while movie I have seen in a long time". It is definitely a movie that has you trying to figure it out the whole time. It gives you just enough during the movie that you can figure it out before the end, and then for those who didn't get it, the movie explains itself in the last scene. We all really enjoyed it.
We went with Chris and Cindy. They get the award of "friends I have really only known for a year and a half, but they already feel like old-school friends". They are pretty much my most favorite people to hang out with. Cindy is fun because she lets me show her boring things like the new lamps I got for our bedroom and she gets excited about them like I am. That's always nice. We also always have fun things to talk about and she is just a great girl in general. We really haven't had too much time to hang out lately, since school is crazy for the husbands. We haven't been able to see Jen and Kenny much lately either for the same reason. We do love Kenny and Jen. They are our gaming friends. I'm just really glad that our siblings married such cool people.
My brother Kevin gets the award of "long lost brother whom I really miss". He got to come and visit us at the beginning of this month and it made me realize how much I love him and I really miss him. Kevin is pretty much the most likeable person I have ever met, and we were really close back in the day, but then missions and college and whatnot made it so we never saw eachother. I really really hope that Exxon offers Sam an internship so we can spend some time with Kevin and his family for a bit.
I just wanted to give a quick shout-out to my sister Becky. I give her the award of "favorite long distance friend". She is online during the days while I'm at work and we regularly get to talk. It is actually usually the highlight of my workday. She also calls me to tell me about the cute things her kids are doing and whatnot, which I quite appreciate. Becky hated me until I was about 20, but we got past that and I'm really glad that we are such good friends now. She is one of my favoritest people and I'm glad that I'm a person she can count on for giggles, someone to tell a story to, and sometimes someone to cry to. Sisters are great.
As long as I am handing out awards, I would be quite remiss if I didn't give one to my husband Sam. He is the most wonderful husband in every way. Sometimes I feel like I have run out of ways to express how much I love and appreciate him. He takes care of me so well, and that has changed me as a person. I feel bad because I have been kind of moody this last week (which is strange for me) and he has been really nice to help keep me up and happy. So three cheers for Sam. Best friend I have ever had, not to mention he is pretty good lookin' too.

2 comments:

Becky said...

woo hoo! long distance friend!
I give lori the award for best listener to dumb becky stories award.

Jenn said...

Yay for gaming! And you get the "best non-comittal friend" award, since I can not see or talk to you in weeks but then when I do we just pick up and things are great.