Just because my friend Lance so sincerely liked this avatar, I opted to use it again....
Instead of rambling on about the techie stuff that's been crossing my mind, I figure I should just write about what's going on in my actual life.
I'm no longer trying to work full time while taking a full classload; I'm just working part-time now while still trying to graduate. That means more sleep, less ulcers, and I actually get to see my wife now :) I've realized the real way to do college is to get yourself a sugar momma! It's great to have Lori doing so well at her work and bringing home the bacon.
I get to apply for the accelerated Master's of Information Systems (MISM) program next week. That will put me graduating with my Master's in December of next year.....the light at the end of the tunnel! As Lori mentioned earlier, I got a 610 on my GMAT. It's not a "stand out" score, but it's good and will get me into program (and I don't really feel like dropping another $250 to take it again).
Now I just have to figure out where I want to work when I graduate. I can probably go to work for Exxon Mobil because of my internship, but I don't know if I want to work in Oil/Energy... the industry doesn't sound "sexy" to me (like Google.com, or some bio-medical field). They pay buckets of money to MISM grads, but I'm not sure yet if it's the route for me. I've always figured I would go into an tech/internet company in the NW, but I I'll figure out more through my internship.


1 comment:
Good luck on your application to the MISM. It's a great program and you'll learn a lot. Also, congrats on the GMAT score -- that's a rough test and no fun taking.
I hope your internship goes well too. I remember being in school and thinking how cool it'd be to work for Google or Microsoft, and while those are great companies, my friends who work for them do mostly just that...work, work, work. There's something to be said about working for a mature industry that gives you the work/life balance the other companies can't offer. In any case, your internship will provide you with the opportunity to see if it's a good fit for you -- and kudos to you for seeking an internship so early in your education! It'll pay big dividends when you look for full-time employment.
Post a Comment