I just wanted to give a quick update on the whole sleeping scene. This is in reference to my post "To sleep... To sleep-- perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub" from 9/28/06 and also "New Attempts" from 10/22/06.
So I haven't been on my crazy sleep pills since August now, and in October I started taking Rozerem. At first I didn't know what to think about it because it didn't make me feel like I was on crazy drugs at all, and it didn't make me pass out within ten minutes of taking it. These are both associations I have with effective sleeping pills, so I figured Rozerem wasn't working. I decided to stop taking rozerem in hopes that I was ready to sleep without the aid of pills, but then I laid awake for 4-5 hours for three nights in a row. This experience helped me know that Rozerem had to have been doing something, because I was at a complete loss when I tried to venture falling asleep on my own.
It was at this point I realized that sleeping pills have become my Dumbo's feather. You know how Dumbo only thought he could fly while holding his feather? I'm pretty sure my body feels the same way about pills and sleeping. It is keenly aware of how mad I get at it for not having the natural ability to fall asleep on its own that it demands the security blanket of a sleeping pill now; a backup plan if it can't meet the challenge.
Since rozerem didn't really seem to be cutting it but I didn't want to go back to loopyville, I decided to try tylenol PM instead. That didn't seem to work either, so I decided to try taking 1 Rozerem and 2 tylenol pms in hopes that maybe multiple not-working pills would equal a 3-pill combo that would work.
So I have been taking this combo every night for the last 3 months or so and I dare to say that it does indeed work. I don't get loopy at all, I don't pass out uncontrollably, and I no longer lay awake at night desperately afraid of the monsters roaming my room. I don't fall asleep immediately, but I usually fall asleep about 45 minutes to an hour and a half after I lay down, which for me is pretty good. The best part about it is that Sam no longer has to babysit his crazy wife at night. So yeah, I do believe I have found something that will work for me. Yippee!
*cue the crows singing: "when I see an elephant fly"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Hey, whatever works for you- that's great. I'm' glad you can sleep better. I think Kenny is my Dumbo's feather- I haven't had any trouble sleeping when he's with me. It's the same thing with my depression, too.
I shall have to tell Kenny he is a good dumbo's feather.
Your story inspired me:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/B00005ABOD001013/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_013/104-2319769-3841508
Love ya,
Kevin
we are watching dumbo right now.
:)
Post a Comment