Monday, February 26, 2007
Musings at 1am
For whatever reason, I was prompted to write on friendship and sharing things you're excited about with those you love. The one thing I covet most and am most excited for is when we will be able to get pregnant and start our family life together. At the same time, I wouldn't ever want anyone to hold back their excitement or feelings when they are around me because I don't have kids of my own yet. It would be so sad for me if people didn't share with me their feelings or experiences about being pregnant, or the joy of seeing your kids play together, or all of the little things that makes being a parent so great. In that same vein, I also tend to want to share and talk about what is going well for us. It just feels awkward sometimes because we are at a stage in our lives when our blessings are more in a path of career opportunities, saving for the future, and enjoying our time being deeply in love as we prepare to start our family. I want so badly to share about good things that are happening for us, but I never feel very sure as to whether or not I should speak freely, since career-oriented news and financial independence aren't socially acceptable topics. So for the record, I apologize if I don't filter myself well or should be more discrete- I just feel so grateful and giddy and I suck at hiding it from other people. Mostly, I want to thank people for being open and honest with me about the things that bring them happiness and allowing me to do the same, it's what friendship and love is really all about and I really appreciate it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Well, Lori, you know that I am in much the same boat as you- more along the career/savings path right now.
And I too get joy vicariously from hearing about other peoples excitement.
I love you both!
you can tell me about buckets of money anytime, and I will tell you about my buckets of..... um...... diapers? snot? oh yeah kisses and hugs.
Good blog. Nothing beats being able to tell someone something that is really important to you and know that they 1) actually are listening and 2) really are excited about what you have to say.
That's something I definitely highly value in my relationships.
Love ya,
Kev
I want to tell you something that makes me very happy - my Loli! & Sam who loves her so much.
Post a Comment